Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Quote-Unquote posted:

Holy poo poo that was Dean Norris in the SWAT team? I don't think I've watched this since watching Breaking Bad.

LOL "play the hit game from LLM/Acclaim on Nintendo" is in the credits. Nooooope!

lmao im watching t2 on tv at a hotel while reading through this thread and was just about to post this if no one else had

tv edits of r rated movies are so loving weaksauce, they cut all the shots of the melting dummys and exploding skeleton from the nuke scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
i never really cared about terminator past my adolescence, so my general perception of the series is framed by a developmentally-arrested media landscape where it was just another trilogy with 2 good ones and a bad one. salvation hadnt come out yet and back then not every notable property got milked in perpetuity. so for me its really just 2 movies, and like evil dead its the exact same movie on different budget tiers, with intrinsically linked tonal differences. alien/aliens comparisons are also easy to make.

honestly just fix the john connor character in t2 and its the perfect action movie. a different actor, different writing, different direction, something, anything. i just loving hate edward furlongs performance of an already annoyingly written character and if you fixed that, as long as you could get over the key conceit of father figure t-800 then it would be practically flawless.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Owlbear Camus posted:

I bet conditions at a machine intelligence run work-camp would be brutal but weird.

Like, you know the deprivation and humiliation you'd expect, and an absolute NIGHTMARE of scientific management KPI goals enforced by summary execution. But randomly on Friday nights the put on a projector "Caddyshack" and fashion a crude pizza from the nutrient bar rations because Skynet's files say it's good for "morale" and this "morale" is a critical component of human productivity.

greenlighting a hogan's heroes reboot/terminator crossover