Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Archer666 posted:

If the next Terminator movie doesn't have Arnie inflating his dick I'm gonna riot

In the first one his dong is just swinging to and fro nonchalantly, I think it's part of the inflation process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Toxic Mental posted:

Can Terminators gently caress, like do they have dicks

I feel like this should be common knowledge by now.

:nws::nws::nws::nws:
Serious evidence of Terminator penises, do not click if you don't want to see far away, undetailed but still obvious incidental images from the Terminator movies where you can tell the terminators have penises

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I can't support Kyle Reese, not after he stole that hobo's pants, "That son of a bitch took my pants." the hobo wailed. I can't stand that, was like watching a dog get kicked. I understand it's serious business and the whole world is at stake, but there are lines you just don't cross.

The first Terminator tries to play this "is that other guy who appeared naked out of a bunch of electricity a bad guy too, or not?" game and so for the first act Kyle Reese isn't portrayed particularly sympathetically.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Yeah I think Wolfie probably saw the T-1000 kill John's foster mother and knows it's an impostor.

The dogs with the militia can probably smell that Arnie is mechanical, but they're probably just used to people coming by to drop off big rear end weapons and such and a walking machine in human camoflauge probably isn't that far out of the norm for them.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

steinrokkan posted:

Salvation must be one of the movies with the most rated potential. Everybody always talked about how cool the war segments in the original movies were, thanks to their unique atmosphere and cyberpunk aesthetic... So they shot a movie that takes place in the future war, and made it look like a generic modern military film with generic soldier characters firing generic AR15s in a generic brown wasteland???

Terminators 3 through 5 ALL make the mistake of forgetting/ignoring that The Terminator was as much a horror movie as it was anything else.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

So in the T3 script it goes into detail about the time machine: it's called the continuum transporter and works by making a wormhole so presumably that also travels through space to the point you want.

I remember reading a draft of the Terminator 3 script (or maybe someone's review of a Terminator 3 draft) that featured IMO the coolest T1 reference: Arnold tells the Claire Danes character that he's going somewhere and starts walking off, and she asks him "Will you be back?" Arnold stops for a second (maybe gives her an inscrutable glance), then continues on his way without further response.

I was looking forward to that moment when I first watched it, but we got multiple groanworthy, super hammy and ostentatious "I'll be back"s instead. Yeesh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

TIP posted:

both versions suck

in dark fate they do something very similar to the one you wanted though

arnie is going to leave his house and then he sees his own sunglasses sitting on a table, so he stops and looks at them, then picks them up, and after a moment puts them back down and walks out

I hated it

The way I pictured it it really would look like he's just giving her some 'cold shoulder' response with absolutely no sign-posting that it's a reference at all (it didn't occur to me while I was actually reading it, for whatever that's worth). More like an easter egg than anything.

Of course, there's no evidence the filmmakers of T3 were at all familiar with concepts like "subtlety" and "nuance" so in all likelihood they might well have interpreted it with a big tension-filled zoom in with a rising chord on the soundtrack while Arnold's slowly rotating his head like the director's personally announcing, "omg watch here it comes he's gonna say it HE'S GONNA SAY IT..... PSYKE!! LMAO FOOL U!!"