Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Archer666 posted:

Where do Kromium and Cyber-Grip figure in the Terminator lore?

Clearly Skynet understands psychological warfare because I would've died laughing if these dudes came after me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I hope Xeno comes back and talks about the Superman vs. Terminator comic, definitely one of the weirder crossovers (I guess Batman would've been pushing it, they already had Batman vs Predator and Batman vs Aliens).

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

When you guys are talking about the Terminator 2 EC, do you mean the director's cut or the ultimate edition? The latter includes more than the former, including some stuff that was never intended for any theatrical cut but was thrown in for the DVD in a kitchen-sink, see-how-the-sausage-is-made way like the T-800 trying to smile and T-1000 touch-sensing John's room. The commentary on it is really good, Cameron does a fantastic job of explaining why certain scenes were kept or deleted.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Quote-Unquote posted:

Right? Like I'm sure there's a rig making Arnie('s stunt double?) go through that window but Patrick really looks like he put a tonne of force into throwing this enormous guy without the tiniest hint of this action being difficult. It's like they're over-acting and under-acting at the same time to be these crazy powerful machines that have zero signs of being living creatures beyond their appearance.

He also did a ton of training to only breathe through his nose while running because of course a robot wouldn't need to gasp for air, from which he eventually got really fit and ran so fast that he had to deliberately back off so he wouldn't catch up to Eddie Furlong's little dirtbike.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Wa11y posted:

Earth orbits the sun at 67,100 miles per hour, so if you travel an hour in the past, but at the same physical location, you'd be floating in space 67,100 miles away from the Earth. Barring floating away due to some other gravitational field, the Earth would catch up to you in an hour, and either burn you up on reentry or splatter you against the surface.

Yeah, Man with Hat is saying that the Earth isn't the only thing moving in the universe. The Sun is orbiting the Milky Way, the Milky Way is moving relative to the neighboring galaxies in our local cluster, every galaxy in the universe is moving relative to each other and the universe itself is expanding. If relative motion is a problem for time travel it's an unimaginably enormous problem, so gently caress it, just handwave it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I don't give a poo poo about making sense of the rules of time travel because there are no rules, Kyle being John's father is narratively satisfying and that's all that matters. Trying to outsmart the movie in order to make some arbitrary time logic consistent is hella missing the forest for the trees.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I guess Sarah didn't want to cause a time paradox?

Like... isn't her naming the child John already indicating that she believes in predestination and the future needs to happen?

She could have called her son "Skynet" and really tried to gently caress with things.

Of course, if she didn't want to create paradoxes, T2 doesn't really happen.

She doesn't even think to try until partway through T2, her whole life since T1 has been predicated on preparing for the inevitable. And then once it occurs to her that it could be possible to derail destiny she does go for it, like super hardcore.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

My Dinner With Arnie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The T-1000 actually has four arms in that shot, the fourth one is largely obscured by the door and window frame:

Which makes sense since you need both hands to control a helicopter.

efb but I included a visual aid so there :mad: