Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Dr. Cool Aids)

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

kecske posted:

didn't that also happen to one of the beatles

Dysgenesis posted:

She's with Paul McCartney now.

Absolutely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Proper sunny this morning. :cool:

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

crispix posted:

you went in there, once, and poo poo yourself and rolled around in it

I did, was probably drunk. What's your excuse? ;)

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
Saddam Hussein had a star gate??

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gasmask posted:

We all do

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Gasmask posted:

Where do you think he moved all those WMDs?

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Just wanted to take a moment to make another post on behalf of the Fund and give a big, big thanks to everyone who's contributed! You all have been extremely generous and a wonderful help. Our current balance has gone back up to almost 2k over the past few days which, even if the current very high rates of payouts continues, should be enough to see us through for another couple of months.

I've also been asked to make a statement to remind everyone that we're here to help and you should in no way feel guilty about coming to us if you need it. Any payments we make are fully anonymised and your messages are handled with strictest confidence.

We'd also like to mention that while we haven't managed to get official UK Registered Charity status yet we are currently set up to be able to send and receive scheduled payments. If you'd like to contribute in smaller amounts regularly instead of one large burst like has happened in the past few days that is an option available and our treasurer will be happy to guide you through how. Similarly, if you anticipate a long term need for support we have the option available of monthly scheduled payments and we actually prefer this over handing out a large up-front sum as this makes our balance sheet more predictable.

Thank you so much from the entire team once again for you all your support!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

on a scale of 1-tory how likely do you think the photo i sent showing i'm being investgated for brain damage ysterday will help

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

just show them your posting

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

kecske posted:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Won't do a thing until their own "doctor" verifies it in an appointment that you wait 6 months for.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Jose posted:

on a scale of 1-tory how likely do you think the photo i sent showing i'm being investgated for brain damage ysterday will help

to who? for what?
WRITE COMPLETE SENTENCES

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

also

kecske posted:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Photo? Is it a photo of an appointment letter, or is it a photo of a doctor looking into your ear with a magnifying glass and doing a 😬 face

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Solefald posted:

to who? for what?
WRITE COMPLETE SENTENCES

missed my UC appointment sorry jeez

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Jose posted:

That’s a sanctionin’

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Jose posted:

yeah no lol
enjoy your sanction.

Just go to an appointment for once jesus christ lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i normally do but between a job interview yesterday and ltieral brain scan tomorrow my brain is a bit fried

tilp
Apr 7, 2010

Jose posted:

my brain is a bit fried

You can see how that might lead to some damage

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Captain Fargle posted:

Just wanted to take a moment to make another post on behalf of the Fund

I'm delighted, I was out of order before, mainly due to being a bit edgy about getting ripped off, cos I know Goons are great at supporting each other, and being scammed in the past, also, honestly, idgaf about subforum "rivalry" thats just weird, we're all dead and gay here.
I could have put "Solidarity is great, come on in and make yourself at home", better instead of being so caustic.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Jose posted:

i normally do but between a job interview yesterday and ltieral brain scan tomorrow my brain is a bit fried

nothing some research chemicals off the dark web won't fix

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

nothing some research chemicals off the dark web won't fix

you're very fixated on this

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
:confused:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

they are not sanctioning me but won't accept imgur images so can't goatse the person

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

seems its brain damage and being a thick oval office as i was wrong

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

staberind posted:

I'm delighted, I was out of order before, mainly due to being a bit edgy about getting ripped off, cos I know Goons are great at supporting each other, and being scammed in the past, also, honestly, idgaf about subforum "rivalry" thats just weird, we're all dead and gay here.
I could have put "Solidarity is great, come on in and make yourself at home", better instead of being so caustic.

All good. Don't worry about it. :)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Contrition? On this forum? :monocle:

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
Contrition and Ball Torture

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

parents are coming down for the weekend

which will be nice since they have been on that bloody roof for months

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Cut the grass today, it was a lot of work as was a bit of a jungle out there. Need to do something about the leatherjackets, a bit of feeding and over seeding. Then hopefully will get higher temperatures so I can sit outside and relax without building work being done out there for once.

Still need that patio doing though

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
UC chat made me panic for a moment and think I’d missed my appointment. But I forgot they’d emailed me and changed it to next Thursday. Need to update that in my calendar. :ohdear:

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I did a 5k run today

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

parents are coming down for the weekend

which will be nice since they have been on that bloody roof for months

Boooooooo

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

fridge corn posted:

I did a 5k run today

Ha what a coincidence, so did I. First one it weeks

Let's talk about it endlessly, as runners are supposed to do

I did a new route today, one that didn't overlap any paths in the park

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

"a 5k run" is a strange name, for a man

smiling giraffe
Nov 12, 2015

Captain Fargle posted:

Hello everyone, my name is Fargle and I know I don't usually post here but with kind permission of your IK I'm here to do a fundraiser message for the UK Goon Fund, which is normally run out of the UKPOL thread in D&D and the associated Discord.

I'm an elected trustee for the fund (In order to make sure everything is fair and above board we have a committee of five elected members who need to approve any payouts and then a treasurer who actually handles the money separate from us) and in recent months, because of the state of things in the UK generally, we've had a large uptick in our outgoings and unless something changes we're going to have to start turning people away soon.

This graph shows the status for the fund as of March 31st. I'm afraid we don't have one with April included yet:

We've paid out over 1k since March 1st and are currently sitting at a balance of approximately £600 with £165 of that due to be paid out over the next couple of days.

Everyone has been very generous in the past and I'm sorry that we need to ask for more. We've been able to make a tremendous difference for a lot of folks over the past 4 years that we've been operating and we'd very much like to be able to keep it up if you're able to offer any support. Details of how to contact us if you have any questions, need to ask for our help or would like donate, along with our public records are available in the quote below.

Thank you for your time.

I need £5000 please to pay off some bad people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Microplastics posted:

Ha what a coincidence, so did I. First one it weeks

Let's talk about it endlessly, as runners are supposed to do

I did a new route today, one that didn't overlap any paths in the park

Cool! This is the second time I've been out for a run this year. Went out last week but the field behind my house where i typically run was literally a swamp and I only managed 2.5k before giving up covered in mud. Was a lot drier today and felt great to get out and do a proper run