Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Dr. Cool Aids)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Torquemada posted:

The room and ambiance write a check that the food can't cash, every time I've been it's been aggressively fine.

Basically agreed, but it's not super expensive in London terms so it's alright. Think I just had bar food and cocktails, not the brasserie side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah zedel is not premium-ly priced, so you can't expect amazing things from it. nice enough place for a drink though

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

RIP Bellanger, became generic Mediterranean and died

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

yeah zedel is not premium-ly priced, so you can't expect amazing things from it. nice enough place for a drink though

All true, it is extremely reasonable considering it's basically on Picadilly Circus.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Microplastics posted:

That was TinTower I believe. Probably should have put that in your post instead :rip:

not as funny as getting probated for it though

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Went and wandered around the MOSI today. It was cool, but 60% of it is shut due to refurbishment, and that's all the cool parts. The steam gallery is closed until 2025, they've got the train tracks pulled up atm, and the bit with all the aircraft is permanently shut. It's pretty much the textile gallery, the computer stuff and the kids area upstairs that are open atm and that's it.

Didn't get to eat indian food as the people we were meeting with are cats, ended up at wagamama in the printworks eventually and it was... Fine.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
the people are.....cats?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

"Let's go to wagamama, oh no let's go to the curry place, no let's go somewhere else" then we went on a long walk through the arndale, where we decided that that wasn't where we wanted to go at all, and we ended up in wagamama anyway because somebody had to make a decision.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Have you considered killing these people?

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
Did they knock all the ornaments over and then poo poo in your flower beds

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Did they moan at you because they forgot to eat breakfast and then when you pointed out their breakfast to them they ate it too quickly and vomited it back up and then moaned at you again because they were ready for dinner?

Because that's how my evening went

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Microplastics posted:

I'm eating a fancy lunch and having a fancy cocktail

what kind potatoe this pls?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Nettle Soup posted:

"Let's go to wagamama, oh no let's go to the curry place, no let's go somewhere else" then we went on a long walk through the arndale, where we decided that that wasn't where we wanted to go at all, and we ended up in wagamama anyway because somebody had to make a decision.

Sounds like my in-laws

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Failed Imagineer posted:

Have you considered killing these people?

Yes

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
Wagamama? I hardly know er!!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm kinda surprised the Wagamama in the Printworks is still there.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Nettle Soup posted:

That’s when you punish everyone and go to a terrible world buffet

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

For future reference Society down by the Convention centre place is really good for groups who can't all decide on one cuisine. It's one of the few food halls that get it right! also has Vocation Brewery bar in there so there's some banging beers on offer.

It's our go to spot for the goon meets!

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Yeah Society rules

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

goon meats

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
When Thatcher said "there's no such thing as Society" she was trying to cover up the Shunting

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Well I was gonna go Dishoom but the queue was a solid hour in the rain so gently caress that. Bone Daddies is an excellent backup

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

I remember the hit 90s garage single "Sweet Like Chocolate" by Shanks & Bigfoot

You bring me so much joy

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

mfcrocker posted:

Well I was gonna go Dishoom but the queue was a solid hour in the rain so gently caress that. Bone Daddies is an excellent backup

But what are you going to do about food?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

found some old images, back from when AI image fiddling was fresh and new

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

mfcrocker posted:

Bike daddies is indeed excellent.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Nettle Soup posted:

These people all need to be murdered with great haste.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the 'I don't mind you pick' people who then veto all your suggestions must be scoured from this plane of existence

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I'm very much a "don't mind" person because I know there's always somebody more picky than me so let them do it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Butterfly Valley posted:

These people all need to be murdered with great haste.

:hmmyes:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i don't think death is proportionate in this instance

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I can only presume none of you are married because I constantly get "can you find something for us to watch, no not that, or that, or that'' etc etc.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

They were all teenagers, so what can you do.

Starbucks posted:

That’s when you punish everyone and go to a terrible world buffet

Ended up at a weird Chinese buffet in southport once for pretty much that reason. Surprisingly fine, from what I remember, but it was like eating in a warehouse.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Dysgenesis posted:

I can only presume none of you are married because I constantly get "can you find something for us to watch, no not that, or that, or that'' etc etc.

I'm married, and neither of us are allowed to do this. You can select 3 things and let the other person choose, or else you forfeit your choice and no bitching.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

mfcrocker posted:

Bone Daddies is an excellent backup

I went today. It was not bad.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Dysgenesis posted:

I can relate to this... "Put on what you want, I don't care". "Yes really, anything". "Oh I really don't like this".

Then you put something acceptable on and she scrolls through her phone not watching it anyway..

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I sleep in a racing car

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I sleep in a racist car

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Jose posted:

I sleep in a racing car

See this explains your head injuries, you should really not be driving while asleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

I sleep in a racist car