Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Dr. Cool Aids)

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

I can relate to this... "Put on what you want, I don't care". "Yes really, anything". "Oh I really don't like this".

Then you put something acceptable on and she scrolls through her phone not watching it anyway..

And then falls asleep.

Failed Imagineer posted:

I'm married, and neither of us are allowed to do this. You can select 3 things and let the other person choose, or else you forfeit your choice and no bitching.

Ok implementing this system as of right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

I'm married, and neither of us are allowed to do this. You can select 3 things and let the other person choose, or else you forfeit your choice and no bitching.

also gonna try this lol. although couldn't you troll by nominating 3 pieces of poo poo

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 minutes!
poo poo for dinner, the perfect prank

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

also gonna try this lol. although couldn't you troll by nominating 3 pieces of poo poo

But then you'd have to watch the piece of poo poo yourself

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Microplastics posted:

But then you'd have to watch the piece of poo poo yourself

You mean turn off my monitor?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

I have different ways of trolling the wife (the most rank farts imaginable, every single day)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
That's not what gaslighting is supposed to mean

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
going to subject my wife to the entire collection of takashi miike's work

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

kecske posted:

the 'I don't mind you pick' people who then veto all your suggestions must be scoured from this plane of existence

Ah, you've met my dad. Won't choose anything, complains constantly about the choices other people make.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
If I'm involved in any kind of group eating activity then I'm either happy to defer to someone who has a suggestion, or I'm gonna make the choice on other people's behalf because I can't stand uhmming and aahing. Or if you can't please everyone then just split up and meet after for a drink rather than dragging someone along to a cuisine they can't stand or a vegan to a place with poo poo vegan options or someone who wants meat to a vegan place. For my birthday trip to Budapest I was like 'ok for dinner I want to go to this restaurant that serves traditional Hungarian food which is mostly meat, everyone do what the gently caress they want and we'll meet later at so and so bar'. No fannying around that way.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
funny man omid djalili's winning combination rapidly moving up the table of best quiz shows imo

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Butterfly Valley posted:

If I'm involved in any kind of group eating activity then I'm either happy to defer to someone who has a suggestion, or I'm gonna make the choice on other people's behalf because I can't stand uhmming and aahing. Or if you can't please everyone then just split up and meet after for a drink rather than dragging someone along to a cuisine they can't stand or a vegan to a place with poo poo vegan options or someone who wants meat to a vegan place. For my birthday trip to Budapest I was like 'ok for dinner I want to go to this restaurant that serves traditional Hungarian food which is mostly meat, everyone do what the gently caress they want and we'll meet later at so and so bar'. No fannying around that way.

I’m happy for you tho

Or sad that that happened

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

big bag of quavers or big bag of frazzles?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the chocolate inventory slot is taken by wispa bites

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Actually it's got testes in it.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Quavers pls

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003
Probation
i'll have the frazzlebags, please

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

think they might have changed the frazzles recipe, way more oily than I remember?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
You might have accidentally grabbed a bag of BP oil spill. easily done

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

found some old images, back from when AI image fiddling was fresh and new

crispix posted:

funny man omid djalili's winning combination rapidly moving up the table of best quiz shows imo

It's decent but I'm into the Grant Mitchell Bridge of Lies show where he repeatedly shouts the topic of the round at contestants who are incredibly bad at understanding how the show works.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

I ate a big bag of spicy crunchy wotsits earlier

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
hehehe he says, take your number, and GET OOOOOUUUUUUUUT, like that :)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003
Probation

Gasmask posted:

I ate a big bag of spicy crunchy wotsits earlier

those things are great

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

it is with great sadness that i report the passing away of my combi-drill (2010-2024) who passed away suddenly, and quite loudly, earlier this evening while working through a lintel, for to put up new blinds 😔

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
This has been a very tense week at work. The canteen kitchen is closing as a cost-cutting measure because apparently providing staff with tepid soup is not profitable. The food has been a nightmare of unholy combinations dregged up from the bottom of the freezer, but worse, the catering staff found out which of them were losing their jobs and which were staying.

Cheerful stuff in the land of capitalism.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

kecske posted:

think they might have changed the frazzles recipe, way more oily than I remember?

perhaps you've simply become oilier as you've aged

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003
Probation
Less oily, surely, so that they seem oilier by comparison

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I dont have to justify my relative oil level to you

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003
Probation
Are you a sardine

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

kecske posted:

big bag of quavers or big bag of frazzles?

Big bag of fish and chips please.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Lady Demelza posted:

This has been a very tense week at work. The canteen kitchen is closing as a cost-cutting measure because apparently providing staff with tepid soup is not profitable. The food has been a nightmare of unholy combinations dregged up from the bottom of the freezer, but worse, the catering staff found out which of them were losing their jobs and which were staying.

Cheerful stuff in the land of capitalism.

A friend finds out if he's being made redundant on weds, after he was promised his own project lead a couple of months ago..

I'm also being accused of gross misconduct by my employer because I've taken on a non working director role in a company my gf set up, so I can wind things down and transfer the money to her family should anything bad happen. The business hasn't even done any business and I'm being told Im working for someone else and it's gross misconduct.

(Truth is, I Injured myself at work 2 years ago and they've spent 2 years dodging taking responsibility for forcing me to work without the right equipment and working 18 hours without any breaks for months on end and they're looking to remove me on a technicality the cunts).

Seems to be a lot of that kind of stuff going around right now. Not good for anyone me thinks!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

crispix posted:

it is with great sadness that i report the passing away of my combi-drill (2010-2024) who passed away suddenly, and quite loudly, earlier this evening while working through a lintel, for to put up new blinds 😔

Hate drilling through lintel

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

fridge corn posted:

Hate drilling through lintel

This is the reason the blind in my kitchen has been in a cupboard for the last four years.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

The SDS hammer drill I got just before we moved into this place 6 or 7 years ago is still my most useful DIY purchase

Quite scary how easily it goes through everything when it revs up

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Torquemada posted:

This is the reason the blind in my kitchen has been in a cupboard for the last four years.

It also took me four years to put up blinds in the kitchen

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Consumer-grade battery drill never stood a chance against solid concrete lintel.

Though I appreciate you filling in 99s absence with stories of DIY incompetence

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

SDS stands for Super Drilling Service

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

I just got an instant pot, this thing is awesome. Time to pressure cook everything

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

SDS is the privatised delivery company that postman pat works for now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

who do you think the biggest strawberry jam fan in the world is?