Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Dr. Cool Aids)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I miss caramacs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Just Another Lurker posted:

Let the cancer hit the floor! :rock:

Oof, no. Don't do that.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Nettle Soup posted:

wait they stopped making caramacs?

Nestle discontinued it due to low sales. Bit of a weird explanation because it was hard to find them even before that. Self-generated low sales?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Peanut butter definitely isn't as popular as in the US. If you've got a Costco membership (or know someone with one), see if they've got their peanut butter filled pretzels in stock. They're phenomenal!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jose posted:

rip snyders jalapeno pretzel pieces

They still exist, unlike my teeth after eating them

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

M&Ms can't sell their peanut butter variety here directly because something in them is illegal.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Torquemada posted:

The chocolate is arse, yes. Reeses stuff is available in the Sainsbury's across the road, but I live in London so I might just be some southern bullshit. Only like, peanut butter cups, and something called a Nutrageous, which is basically a Topic bar that sat in the glove compartment of a Transit van for a year.

Nah, the nutrageous is good. Try it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Try M&S gold blend, it’s really good.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

fridge corn posted:

We used to get our tea from T2

Bit expensive if the shop is air side.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I got given a Whittards advent calendar last year, so got to try some of their other teas I wouldn’t have looked at before. Their mango and bergamot tea was my surprise favourite, and is worth your time.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

About to go w**k in a coffee shop for a few hours, it’s got slightly more reliable wifi than the house.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It’s wild that if I bring my reusable mug, an americano is cheaper at Starbucks than Costa. But I do get 2 beans at Costa on their loyalty app, which requires far fewer visits to get a freebie .

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Papa Johns is about to close a tenth of its stores. Serves them right for putting that £3 delivery fee on top of very expensive pizzas.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

M&S cheesy HCBs are great with a fry up instead of toast

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm snacking on Welsh cheddar made with ale and mustard and I have to resist the urge to eat the entire wedge in one go.

Pre-made Welsh rarebit cheese?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

These are all excellent dogs. Good posting today.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ohh, might have to get out the toastie maker. It’s been a minute since I had one.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

A grilled cheese fries better in the pan with mayo on the outside of the bread. The oil in mayonnaise makes it crisp nicer than butter does.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Have you tried KFC chips lately? They suddenly got good?? Admittedly you have to eat them the moment you get them in the place so they’re still hot and fresh and crisp. Otherwise they’ll get cold on the drive home and are then terrible. The seasoning on them now is really nice.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Starbucks posted:

I bought a bottle of water in an airport WHSmiths

Take a reusable bottle in future, fill it up at any fountain after security

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

kecske posted:

im ready 4 the weekend

:sun:

Blimey, gonna need shorts on Saturday.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Hell yeah! Show when it’s done!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Dysgenesis posted:

Nice. I'm currently making char siu fried rice (rice currently cooling and drying in the fridge).

Both of those things require prep from the day before. :ohdear:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Gasmask posted:

I haven’t been in a spoons for about six years. There is a magazine on every table about how the press were mean about Tim Martin during covid and how he made them all publish apologies.

‘Needless to say I had the last laugh’

My local spoons had little signs up around the bar area saying the same thing. It’s such a weirdo move. The staff don’t like it, and it gives the place such a bizarrely political air. Just run a pub chain and enjoy your success.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Spring flourished over the weekend, bordering on early summer in London on Saturday. I was overdressed and sweated much more than I expected. And now, back to rain, wind and cold.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Working my way through Fallout at the moment and enjoying it immensely. My one note would be that I wish it was weekly releases rather than all in one go like Amazon do with a lot of their other shows. Hopping round avoiding spoilers from people who binged it all is no fun.

3 Body Problem is next on the list to watch. Tried reading it, and bounced off it hard, the book is hard going and not engaging at all.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

UC chat made me panic for a moment and think I’d missed my appointment. But I forgot they’d emailed me and changed it to next Thursday. Need to update that in my calendar. :ohdear:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Failed to pick up a hire car this morning because I didn’t bring two utility bills with my address on. I don’t have any utilities in my name. My driving licence and my bank statements didn’t count as proof of address. :cripes: Avis/Budget are aggressively weird about renting out their cars.

Wandered over to Alamo and picked up a car instantly just showing my licence and a credit card. I don’t understand.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

CancerCakes posted:

Anyone been to Sofia? What should I do?

Picture it: Sicily, 1922.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

WAITROSE NO

Next you’ll tell me he doesn’t lay all those Duchy Original eggs himself

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

terrible at dealing cards

And yet

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

I was probated earlier but just wanted to say that the free refills of spicy chai hot chocolate at Dishoom brunch are loving yes when you're hungover

It’s chai (tea), not hot chocolate. But yes, it’s great

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

Gimme a break man

HUH! I stand corrected, I've never seen that on their menu before!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

kecske posted:

the 'I don't mind you pick' people who then veto all your suggestions must be scoured from this plane of existence

Ah, you've met my dad. Won't choose anything, complains constantly about the choices other people make.