Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Dr. Cool Aids)

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
well we can't turn away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

They've turned the Horlicks factory in Slough into "luxury" apartments in something called The Horlicks Quarter

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Saw that on a YouTube video, some guy called "wandering turnip". He goes and looks at lovely cheap houses or dead high streets.

Anyways he popped over cause the Horlicks chimney. Looks like a nice play tbh

My granddad used to live about a five minute walk from there, so we always drove past it when we went to see him so memories and all that. It also looks like they've kept the original factory building and built some apartments within the existing structure like how they redeveloped Highbury, left the chimney up and then built some new blocks in the same style as the factory. The new blocks look loving poo poo

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I have a date on the Saturday

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Microplastics posted:

Yeah the 30th :dadjoke:

harsh but fair

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I like that on the map all of the bread words are listed under THE HAGUE, as if the war crimes tribunal is assuaging guilt based on what you call bread

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I have a date on the Saturday

no I don't as it turns out

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

family stuff apparently

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

nobody wants to see the lombard direct phone in theatre. I want to see him lowered into a bubbling vat of acid

settle down Judge Doom

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

I simply get robbed by virgin media

I live in a shared house with one phoneline but my room is already cabled for virgin media, so I went with them

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I got mugged once in Slough. They slashed up my jacket with a Stanley knife, cut me on the hand and took my wallet. But for reasons I can't fathom, I had already taken my switch card out and put it in my pocket and there was no money in the wallet, so they got nothing. Walking into school late because I had to get the jacket photo'd for evidence and saying "sorry I was late, got robbed and attacked with a knife last night" and then sitting at my desk as everyone looked at me like a lunatic was fun

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Salisbury Snape posted:

It's still cloudy with a chance of cunts here in the Costa del Cornwall

How did you know I was heading to Cornwall this weekend?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Salisbury Snape posted:

Where abouts? If it's anywhere north of Truro then it's not really Cornwall

The tourist hellhole of Newquay, its barely the south west tbh

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Salisbury Snape posted:

Newquay is basically one big building site at the moment, have fun lol

The Carland Cross non-existent junction on the A30 in theory was terrible but traffic kept moving so it was fine. We're staying somewhere in the wilderness near Bodmin, so not even Newquay so I'm not sure if that counts or not. Also, I'm drove my mum's car and the normal pressure I would apply on brakes to stop my own car has caused it to emergency stop three times, which isn't ideal. On the other hand, when my mum was driving she decided that trying to overtake in mist and heavy rain at 90mph was fine, fiddling with the aircon when leaving Perranporth beach as traffic was coming towards us in a fairly narrow road was fine and also waving to my brother who was following while going down a twisty single track road was fine. I have never felt as much fear being driven as I have today

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

The A3 runs from the Monument tube station to the Spice Island Inn in Portsmouth and the Portsmouth end looks so non-descript

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 11, 2024

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I go for a 5k run twice a week before work, but my motivation has taken a hit recently as heavy rain and strong wind have rolled in off the solent out of nowhere so I've ended up as far away from my house as I go absolutely soaked to the bone and with 2k to run back. Not fun in the slightest

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

I remember the hit 90s garage single "Sweet Like Chocolate" by Shanks & Bigfoot

'Straight From The Heart' when they were known as Doolally was better :colbert:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

woke me up on the south coast at 1:47am when I then checked my phone. Got more intermittent around 3am when I last checked my phone and tried to get back to sleep

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I still have to apologise to Ravi Bopara for repeatedly calling him shite during a game against India in 2011, though to be fair THE SLEDGEHAMMER OF ETERNAL JUSTICE made a double ton in that same game so maybe he's forgotten

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

nah, I'm the same about slow walking people in the worst position on a pavement or *loving hell* a supermarket aisle

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I'm pretty sure the first big hula hoop was some sort of beef and mustard

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

if you're going to try and erase travellers you should be in the d&d thread

:allears:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Collateral posted:

I assume they have app based table service? Unlimited drinks are kind of moot when there is a mob around the bar.

Last time I went (minehead, do they have others anymore?) seating was a free for all and people started queuing 2-3 hours before the main room doors opened just to get a seat. There were usually numerous arguments and a near riot when the Shaolin were on. There was a bar you could sit at and watch the queue.

Fun and delight for all the family.

The one in Bognor Regis is still going, and a thoroughly desolate place to visit in a February out of season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

might rain here tomorrow night, right now it's bright sunshine