Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Dr. Cool Aids)

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I have become the kind of middle-class monster who can offer guests a tea menu when they visit. Yorkshire, obvs, but also decaff, green, lapsang souchong, earl grey, peppermint, cranberry and raspberry, and lemon and ginger.

Earl grey started tasting much better when I started adding honey to it instead of milk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Ovaltine or Horlicks?

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I have drunk a mug of Ovaltine this evening and couldn't tell you what it tastes of. It's supposed to be flavoured with chocolate or cocoa, but it's just an insipid brown flavour.

Team Horlicks all the way here.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Papa Johns pizza is better than Domino's. There, I said it.

Horlicks is better than both but doesn't quite cut it after a night out.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
HCBs need to stick to the proper flavour, none of these weird and wonderful combos. I don't want chilli in them. I don't want lemon meringue flavour.

I am an old.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Butterfly Valley posted:

I didn't want to kill the thread with death posting, just wanted to shout into the void a bit to say "poo poo sucks", please resume your scheduled bread roll/pizza/creme egg chat

You're not, poo poo does indeed suck, and I'm sorry for your loss. Astrophotography sounds like one of the coolest jobs imaginable, and it probably sounds really trite, but how amazing that he had the opportunity to do a job he loved.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Nam Taf posted:

Also consider split tickets, they may save you some money for a slightly different (or sometimes not) route...
That said, I still completely agree the rail prices are are beyond the pale.

The downside is that when you inevitably try to claim delay repay, you need to do it for each individual ticket. They make the process as clunky as possible and doing it half a dozen times is either rage-inducing or soul-destroying, depending on your mood.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I use whatever spoon is clean. If it can convey food to my mouth, then it's the correct spoon for the job.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Microplastics posted:

A dirty spoon could convey food to your mouth :confused:

But there might be different food on the dirty spoon, which would change the flavour profile. Show some goddamn respect for that Nutella I'm eating straight from the jar.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
This has been a very tense week at work. The canteen kitchen is closing as a cost-cutting measure because apparently providing staff with tepid soup is not profitable. The food has been a nightmare of unholy combinations dregged up from the bottom of the freezer, but worse, the catering staff found out which of them were losing their jobs and which were staying.

Cheerful stuff in the land of capitalism.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I spent all morning going round charity shops looking for a specific thing, and every single one of them was packed. By the 3rd or 4th I realised it was the same small gaggle of people and we were all doing our own circuits, getting in each others' way looking at stuff none of us bought.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Oh there was a gorgeous writing bureau that I absolutely do not need and cannot afford, but will almost certainly be in my living room looking completely out of place next to my Argos bookshelf.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
All this health chat reminds me that I was supposed to do a poop test back in January, but I never got the kit. Should I go back to the surgery and ask? Or just send them a kid's wellie full of my own poo poo?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

the film was fun and nice, within about the first 10 minutes i could see exactly why manosphere dickheads hated it and by the end i could see exactly why they should be clockwork oranged into watching it until it clicks

I watched Barbie with the family and one Male Relative hated it tothe surprise of absolutely no-one, tutting loudly throughout the 'being a woman' speech and declaring it a completely pointless film.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Microplastics posted:

Tried to hinge my baguette but the two sides split apart

loving baguette :argh:

Hmm as you've already mayo'd it, I would like tuna mayo cucumber please.

Years ago I lived near an amazing sandwich shop that was my weekend treat as I worked through their menu. They did a Wenslydale and gooseberry chutney sandwich that was delicious and I've never been able to recreate it.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Where can I buy baba ganoush that isn't the Sabra brand? Assume I live in a town without a supermarket selling That Foreign Muck. Also assume I'm far too lazy to roast and mash my own aubergines.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
If the pro-Palestinian people boycott it to make a point, and pro-Israel people vote multiple times to make their point, then yes there's a chance Israel will do well.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
People who run or partake in running-adjacent activities: how do you stop your calf muscles from instantly tightening? I've tried to take up jogging several times over the years but sometimes before reaching the end of the road I'm hobbling along in agony. I have had plantar fasciitis a few times and I've got arthritis in one toe, so I'm prepared to accept that gait/posture is the problem, but this can't be insummountable.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Hmm so buy shoes, eat crisps, don't stretch, then do a comedy slow-mo run for 30 seconds.

This is the kind of exercise regime I could cope with.

Also yes I could get a skipping rope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for all he running tips, which I am reading whilst eating chips in my pyjamas.

Bardeh, I will PM you, thanks. Those exercises might actually help whereas general stetching doesn't seem to have done much good