Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Dr. Cool Aids)

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

wait they stopped making caramacs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Two of 'em with cancer, maybe the monarchy will abolish itself!

quote:

With such an update, the future of the monarchy seems shaky at best, and even Queen Camilla is said to be frustrated by Charles’ declining health and weakened status.

“Behind the scenes, Camilla is disgusted by the king’s apparent weakness and is providing him little comfort as he battles his fatal cancer,” a palace courtier told In Touch in early March, highlighting her vacation from royal duties which started on March 4. “By going on holiday, she was thumbing her nose at stepson William, who is incapable of shouldering the monarchy’s burdens on his own.”

lol.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I was in Germany for the 9€ ticket and it was so loving good.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I bought some sporks when there was somebody disabled in the house who only had the use of one hand, I use those for porridge sometimes, but it's not great.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

My local spoons had little signs up around the bar area saying the same thing. It’s such a weirdo move. The staff don’t like it, and it gives the place such a bizarrely political air. Just run a pub chain and enjoy your success.

Last time I was in there the propoganda book had at least four pages dedicated to "why we hate dogs", just trying to defend their anti-dog policy so hard that it made them sound insane.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I think the world might be ending outside. It was so nice yesterday, and now it's both raining and hailing huge fuckin' rocks.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Just pick it up and eat it like an apple.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

You're going to two other libraries, but not the Central Library? Make it a trilogy!

I guess it isn't quite as cool as the other two, but I have to go there in a couple of days to donate some ancient retail catalogues to their archives.

Manchester Museum is great, and the eighth day is good and close to it if you want some vegan food.

Maybe a night out in the gay village?

^ edit oh yeah, go to the MOSI. They also wanted these catalogues, but couldn't take them because they're renovating their archives or something at the moment.

Make sure you charge your phone and load up google maps beforehand, manchester is very spread out. But there are free busses that can get you around, and the metrolink is all fancy now, so that's cool.

You should also check out the Royal Exchange Theatre if you're going past st annes square, it's a cool place.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 23, 2024

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

If you really want indian food, there's also the curry mile, but it's a bit out of the way to get there.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 24, 2024

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Shame, I haven't been back there in a long time, but I guess even when I was at college there it was mostly turning into chicken shops.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Butterfly Valley posted:

Just landed in Manchester and it was sunnyish? What?

It's just lulling you into a false sense of security.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Went and wandered around the MOSI today. It was cool, but 60% of it is shut due to refurbishment, and that's all the cool parts. The steam gallery is closed until 2025, they've got the train tracks pulled up atm, and the bit with all the aircraft is permanently shut. It's pretty much the textile gallery, the computer stuff and the kids area upstairs that are open atm and that's it.

Didn't get to eat indian food as the people we were meeting with are cats, ended up at wagamama in the printworks eventually and it was... Fine.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

"Let's go to wagamama, oh no let's go to the curry place, no let's go somewhere else" then we went on a long walk through the arndale, where we decided that that wasn't where we wanted to go at all, and we ended up in wagamama anyway because somebody had to make a decision.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

They were all teenagers, so what can you do.

Starbucks posted:

That’s when you punish everyone and go to a terrible world buffet

Ended up at a weird Chinese buffet in southport once for pretty much that reason. Surprisingly fine, from what I remember, but it was like eating in a warehouse.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Solefald posted:

Ugh got tinnitus and it's loving annoying

https://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/primevalEuropeanForestSoundscapeGenerator.php

I've found this pretty good as a help. Mess about with the sliders a bit.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

The Spicy Mega Hoops or whatever they're called from aldi are pretty okay. I haven't tried the monster claws though.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I was riding my bike earlier and I had to slow because a blackbird was walking leisurely across the road, and if I didn't I was going to hit it. You can fly, bird! Use your wings!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Lady Demelza posted:

All this health chat reminds me that I was supposed to do a poop test back in January, but I never got the kit. Should I go back to the surgery and ask? Or just send them a kid's wellie full of my own poo poo?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

The Prat Tribune.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

That's not a cat, that's early AI art trying to draw a raccoon.