Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Dr. Cool Aids)

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

Uh oh, I think someone just told Hunter what game he's in.

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

So today is theatre day, it's currently the intermission.

I'm just popping on to say holy poo poo, Sir Ian McKellen ( I won't call him Gandalf this time as someone got their feelings hurt last time) on stage in person is mind blowing.. didn't expect him to be this good, especially at his age.

The whole show and cast are amazing, if anyone fancies a trip to the theatre any time soon try and grab tickets for "Player Kings", it's only on for the next month few weeks I think.

I'm not big into the whole Shakespeare thing typically, I find it a bit of a bore and chore to watch, but this has me utterly captivated and engrossed. Almost enough to tempt me to see more theatre.

Was fortunate enough to see Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart in two different plays and both times Sir Ian stole the show. Incredible range on the guy. Would recommend the film of Richard III he starred in, great performance and a fun twist on the original play.

Random McKellanecdote: My parents saw him in a Shakespeare play in the '80s. They were in the front row, he was wearing a toga, there was a slight wardrobe malfunction, and they saw a lot more than his Coriolanus that night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU