Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Dr. Cool Aids)

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Hey Goons from England and those who know about this part of England: My baby sister will be studying at Oxford for at least one semester this fall, and it's her birthday right before she heads out. This seems like a good opportunity to get her a thematic present because she's at an age that she'd pretent to like anything I get her but never wear or use it in public.

Is there a decent guide to Oxford and the surrounding area that would be of interest to a Canadian college girl? She's nerdy, but not geeky so anything Harry Potter is out the window. In fact it really has to be about Oxford specifically since if she goes to London someone else will plan the itinerary, and she studies like crazy (hence Oxford) and I don't see her going on any other daytrips (which is also good because I can't afford to send her on one).

Much appreciation for any input. And it doesn't have to be a guidebook of course. I just figure that's entirely unobjectionable and might be useful.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

I thought of getting her a Wetherspoon's gift card as a useful gag gift but when I brought it up she says no someone took her to one when she was younger and she doesn't plan on going to old man pubs with no music.

Given that it is hard to avoid eating at least once at one of the spots, and mates might drag you out at some point at least once, it may be a good gift if I can bear her annoyence at initially receiving it in return for thanks when she sees its value.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Apr 17, 2024

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

It would take me a long time to pay back the assistance I recieved from the fund at this rate, but I'm only able to contribute anything at all because I did accept and even asked for help.