Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Dr. Cool Aids)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Peanut butter and chocolate own don't even have to buy a reeses whatever just get whatever your favourite chocolate is and slather some of that peanut butter right on there yeah

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

We used to get our tea from T2 but they closed all their shops in the UK :(

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I had a mate who insisted lapsang souchong tasted like smoked salmon and after a while i started tasting it too. Don't remember what brand it was. I like a good smokey tea

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

I got given a Whittards advent calendar last year, so got to try some of their other teas I wouldn’t have looked at before. Their mango and bergamot tea was my surprise favourite, and is worth your time.

Oh yeah whittards teas are good

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I've got a training course to learn how to w**k better

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

kecske posted:

sounds like a skill issue

It is. I lack the skills to w**k effectively

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

For green tea it has got to be loose leaf sencha or genmaicha. Anything in a bag is rubbish. 80 degrees 3 minutes max

Signed a bougie tea w**ker

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

captainclaw posted:

Fridge too far away?

I'm right here

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I only really listen to video game music these days :goleft:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

been blasting bombastic orchestra in the house as playing dq11. They're clearly very proud of it as the game is far louder than everything else

for a real treat check out the composers views :xd:

He's dead now and hell,

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I like pizza express. Their rewards app is quite generous

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

My renewed US passport arrived today so hooray for filling out a form correctly I guess. They gave me a big book. I didn't ask for a big book. I don't need a big book

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I don't believe anything until I've heard it from gabbo or whoever

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

ilmucche posted:

Weirdly the easiest way to avoid that I found was to straight up not buy alcohol. If I have friends coming round I can always go buy some but not having it around is good. Not for everyone of course

This doesn't work when alcohol just shows up at your house constantly just because my in-laws asked if I liked whiskey 10 years ago and I stupidly said yes and so there's never been less than 10 bottles of it in the house ever since no matter how fast I try to drink it (not very fast)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Ultimately it's all waste pipes. It's just about diameter

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Torquemada posted:

In a fit of madness some thirteen years ago, I married an American, and whilst they are definitely capable of culinary abominations, occasionally they produce a banger: grilled cheese sandwiches are superior to toasties in every way. I will, however, concede that a toastie machine is vital if you want beans in.

:hai:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

kecske posted:

I;m Thinking About Thos Beans

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

My mugger was also named Bort

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I was hella confused but then i looked it up and the A30 really does run from Staines to Lands End lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Strategic Tea posted:

I live in London and it feels like councils are becoming rabidly anti car.

Like not just LTNs which are great, but everything becoming an inscrutable one way system with no directions, new raised crossings and speed bumps that hit like going up a kerb, cameras and fines for everything.

I honestly think the meetings go "yeah just punish those fuckers (please don't minute that)", but otoh anyone supporting drivers is inevitably Joseph Gammon Esq. or Lutfur Rahman

Good. gently caress cars and most drivers too

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I have a few personalised spoons some with my name on them others with fridgelinas name on them that are kelloggs branded that were send away items from a cereal box. I use them for cereal and nothing else. Fridgelina doesn't eat breakfast cereal so I'm the only one that uses them. They have a special place in the cutlery drawer. This all sounds very odd now that I've typed it out

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

In terms of spoon shape they are something of a halfway between a normal spoon and a soup spoon

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Just had grilled cheese sandwich from five guys and it was disappointing

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Salisbury Snape posted:

Is that like a creampie but in the arse?

It will be in a few hours (or less...)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I'm not ugly in the slightest but of course I'm only half-british :smuggo:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Failed Imagineer posted:

I'm enjoying it, even though I loving despised the book. Book was like 4 intriguing concepts folded into hundreds of pages of dreck, with a super CCCP-approved historiography of the Cultural Revolution thrown in. Honestly just felt like blatant propaganda. And even though I'm well used to sci-fi with bad characterisation and terrible dialogue this book really took the biscuit.

So it's good that the show jettisons almost all of that and just keeps the interesting concepts. It's a solid 7/10 show for me

I liked the books. The cccp-approved stamps all over the place is kinda a given and almost crucial to the work as a whole as it being a particular work of a particular time and place which gives us a bit of a glimpse into a world that isn't often accessible in the west.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I haven't watched the show yet

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I hope everyone is doing well, even njan99

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I did a 5k run today

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Microplastics posted:

Ha what a coincidence, so did I. First one it weeks

Let's talk about it endlessly, as runners are supposed to do

I did a new route today, one that didn't overlap any paths in the park

Cool! This is the second time I've been out for a run this year. Went out last week but the field behind my house where i typically run was literally a swamp and I only managed 2.5k before giving up covered in mud. Was a lot drier today and felt great to get out and do a proper run

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I generally love running. It's like the only time I get to retreat into myself and listen to music and allow that music to dive deep into my psyche and propel me forward, using its rhythms and beats and emotions to unlock hidden reserves of grit and determination which I can tap into when a particularly good tune comes on

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

When ever anyone says they're going to Portugal I think of Madiera

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

90% of the time you meet a Portuguese person in the UK they're from madiera

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Played some elden ring this morning, then went out and got a haircut and picked up my next lot of contact lenses. Feeling cute might do a costco run later ❤️❤️❤️

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

CancerCakes posted:

Also my buddy heard Mr brightside for the first time today, he is 37.

And he had been doing so well. Wish I could have claimed to had never heard it until I was 37

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Failed Imagineer posted:

It's the song of the summer

No that's get lucky by daft punk

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Nettle Soup posted:

"Let's go to wagamama, oh no let's go to the curry place, no let's go somewhere else" then we went on a long walk through the arndale, where we decided that that wasn't where we wanted to go at all, and we ended up in wagamama anyway because somebody had to make a decision.

Sounds like my in-laws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Failed Imagineer posted:

Have you considered killing these people?

Yes