Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Dr. Cool Aids)

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
sex arses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Yeah honestly if I lived in London I wouldn't bother with a car.

On a similar note, could it please not be 1/4 of the cost to drive me and my missus to London (including parking for multiple days, thanks North Ealing tube station!) than to get the train?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Bozza posted:

my unfortunate counter to this is be careful what you wish for

LNER have started doing a much bigger and aggressive demand led advance booking system which means if you know when you want to travel you can get some real steals if you can be flexible (like Easyjet) but if you leave it until the last minute, or woe betide on the day, you will be paying max price every time

fundamentally we have an issue where people want both and you functionally can't design a system that does both

cheap inter regional rail can only be made possible by not allowing turn up and go passengers on it, and similarly, making turn up and go cheap (ie aimed at metro, s-bahn type arrangements) means making long distance very expensive in nearly all cases

we currently have the worst of both

I'm aware that there's a snowballs chance in hell of it happening, but I'd really rather we just subsidised nationalised rail travel (because lord knows we already slip enough bungs to private rail firms)

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Nettle Soup posted:

I was in Germany for the 9€ ticket and it was so loving good.

Yeah, even other privatised systems are better. We took the train from Florence to Rome about 18 months back and it's the nicest train I've ever taken.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Solefald posted:

oh god LET'S NOT

pretty solid joke though

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Bright Bart posted:

I thought of getting her a Wetherspoon's gift card as a useful gag gift but when I brought it up she says no someone took her to one when he was younger and she doesn't plan on going to old man pubs with no music.

well at least she's smart enough to be studying at Oxford

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

yes hello I'd like to be able to unread this

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

oh no computer posted:

i'm getting my first hayfever symptoms of the year today

same, not too bad but my eye is definitely getting a bit watery

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Dell_Zincht posted:

I have a kitchen island

alright moneybags

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Dysgenesis posted:

I lived in Mancheter next to the curry mile (Rusholme and then Withington) for a couple of years at uni and the best food is Caspian in Rusholme. It's an Iranian kebab place run by a chap called Maz.

Assuming it is still there, get the chelo kebab, with lamb fillet and rice (not naan).

Disclaimer - This information is from 20 years ago.

As if these places change even slightly in 2 decades

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Probably going to Dishoom tomorrow, looking forward to it

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Well I was gonna go Dishoom but the queue was a solid hour in the rain so gently caress that. Bone Daddies is an excellent backup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
As someone who follows it closely, yesterday and today have been a complete tyre fire and the event is basically in crisis.

It probably won't spill out onto the stage tonight other than some booing but we'll see.

kecske posted:

stick a fiver on isreal to win imo

Not at all worth it, their odds are artificially short after someone at the Italian broadcaster put some (what they claim are fake) percentages showing Israel having 6x the televote of anyone else