Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

im captain pan-america airlines. i wrestle in a walmart captain america onsie and my mask is an airplane. the boys hate to wrestle me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I'm Xandalfon the Fallen God. I start as a complete jobber completely incapable of mustering any offense until I get my first win via incidental interference.
Then I get a little stronger and can get some basic offense in until I win another match by accident.
With each win I get stronger and stronger until the entire roster has to wrestle me in a Many vs 1 match to finally vanquish me. And I guess Ultramantis Black captures my god powers in an amulet or something I don't know that part doesn't really involve me.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

“No Gimmicks Needed” Steve the Samurai

Edit: Couch Surfer Sting, an out of shape Sting tribute act that constantly has to crash with his tag team partners and also serves as a meta-joke about how well Chikara paid it’s guys

BodyMassageMachine fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 24, 2024

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I'm the lost third Los Ice Cream, based on artisanal chains like Jeni's or Salt & Straw. I use unusual variants on moves like the Skayde Special or modified submissions with names like The Pear & Blue Cheese Clutch or I'm Gonna Rock Your Road. Every time I hit a chop, Ultramantis talks about how I'm "waffling them like a cone". People think I'm another wrestler on the roster, or perhaps the new kid they sometimes get to replace Gavin Loudspeaker on weeks he can't make it, but I'm really just a regional trainee from another state who went down to the Wrestle Factory because I was starstruck. I do video editing, voiceover, and motion graphics for the shows, DVD releases, and YouTube channel for free, with the promise that I'm going to be able to branch out and be part of the Spectral Envoy or Sinn Bodhi's faction under my preferred gimmick soon. The company shut down for Ashes before I could do any of that.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I'm Awesome Turtle, a character created specifically to take the piss out of Super Dragon

he found out and gave me a crippling back injury that I worked into the gimmick

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
oh, I wrote my own Chikara gimmick aaaages ago, I don't even remember which storyline I was lampooning! Let me see if I can find it...

Werebee by Night, an average everyday insurance salesman (by the name of Melvin Lifera) who is comically afraid and inept at everything involving wrestling (though admirably dedicated to his job, offering to sell policies to audience members) until the stroke of 9pm, at which point he forms into his powerful alter-ego: A BEE. Yes, wearing a bee costume, he enters a fugue state of which he has no recollection, utilizing his powerful Honeycomb Driver to lay flat his foes for the allmighty Stinger Splash, a move which few walk away from, but at great cost to himself. Werebee by Night wrestles aimlessly for justice, until the fiendish Ultramantis Black controls his flight patterns using the Eye of Tyr and a comically-oversized atomizer of queen bee pheromones. Duped into subservience, Werebee by Night is rescued by a cadre of 3-12 ants and allowed to rediscover who he really is. Yes, mild-mannered Melvin Lifera is actually a cipher of the vicious Il Scutellata, a savage luchador mercenary who answers to a time-travelling Egyptian god and his pirate brother. Under the guise of Il Scutellata, Werebee by Night kidnapped and violently executed twelve teenage girls, using the twelve forbidden submission holds of the Before Ones, an order of gods from before Egyptian’s written history. Feeling guilt and shame at his heinous murders, Melvin Lifera abandons both of his identities and his gods and becomes I, Waspman, a rogue wrestler without any allegiances or convictions. I, Waspman, finds camaraderie only with the well-meaning naivete of Dasher Hatfield, a man with a baseball for a hey where are you going I’M NOT FINISHED YET

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Groovin' Mike Nuvin.

I have a storyline in the first few shows where I rip off Cyrus from The Warriors then Quack gets pissed off at me for a random reason then I get dropped from all future shows.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Roll Express, bread deliverer. Claims to have had a tag match with the Rock.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I'm Necro Butcher in another mascot outfit.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I am The Composite Blade Runner. One half of me is dressed as the Ultimate Warrior and the other half of me is dressed as Sting. My finisher is to lay my opponent across the corner ropes and do a Stinger Splash onto them.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Shatterbones

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Tocandira Ant. The big guy who just stands there and acts as a base for the rest of the Ant Colony to jump off of my shoulders. I barely move otherwise.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm a guy who Quack did not like and wound up running off before I graduated to any shows because I said something he didn't approve of IRT a match between jerry blackwell and rocky hata in AJPW

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

guy who gets dressed down by quack because other wrestlers shook his hand thinking he was a wrestler when he was just hanging out with his buddy who was talking to them about signing up for the school

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
Honestly if Steven Universe didn't beat me to it, I would totally just straight up be Tiger Millionaire.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

not familiar with it, op. sorry.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

post hole digger posted:

not familiar with it, op. sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWmxkDD2O6c

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

LvK posted:

oh, I wrote my own Chikara gimmick aaaages ago, I don't even remember which storyline I was lampooning! Let me see if I can find it...

Werebee by Night, an average everyday insurance salesman (by the name of Melvin Lifera) who is comically afraid and inept at everything involving wrestling (though admirably dedicated to his job, offering to sell policies to audience members) until the stroke of 9pm, at which point he forms into his powerful alter-ego: A BEE. Yes, wearing a bee costume, he enters a fugue state of which he has no recollection, utilizing his powerful Honeycomb Driver to lay flat his foes for the allmighty Stinger Splash, a move which few walk away from, but at great cost to himself. Werebee by Night wrestles aimlessly for justice, until the fiendish Ultramantis Black controls his flight patterns using the Eye of Tyr and a comically-oversized atomizer of queen bee pheromones. Duped into subservience, Werebee by Night is rescued by a cadre of 3-12 ants and allowed to rediscover who he really is. Yes, mild-mannered Melvin Lifera is actually a cipher of the vicious Il Scutellata, a savage luchador mercenary who answers to a time-travelling Egyptian god and his pirate brother. Under the guise of Il Scutellata, Werebee by Night kidnapped and violently executed twelve teenage girls, using the twelve forbidden submission holds of the Before Ones, an order of gods from before Egyptian’s written history. Feeling guilt and shame at his heinous murders, Melvin Lifera abandons both of his identities and his gods and becomes I, Waspman, a rogue wrestler without any allegiances or convictions. I, Waspman, finds camaraderie only with the well-meaning naivete of Dasher Hatfield, a man with a baseball for a hey where are you going I’M NOT FINISHED YET

How Chikara never ran a Bee-themed rival team against the Colony is beyond me. Yes i know the spinoff ants exist, but missed opportunity not running a stable of bees (The Hive?) with all the guys in bee costumes and named things like Bumblebee (a big lovable fat guy that does flips), El Zumbador (the lucha high flyer guy on the team), Yellowjacket (the treacherous rear end in a top hat of the team who eventually betrays The Hive because he’s not actually a bee) and all led by a cutthroat Queen Bee (in my imaginary Chikara this could have been Kimber Lee or Sara Del Ray).

Instead we got impostor ants, then action figure ants (that killed a boss full of children in Zimbabwe???). :shrug:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

BodyMassageMachine posted:

How Chikara never ran a Bee-themed rival team against the Colony is beyond me. Yes i know the spinoff ants exist, but missed opportunity not running a stable of bees (The Hive?) with all the guys in bee costumes and named things like Bumblebee (a big lovable fat guy that does flips), El Zumbador (the lucha high flyer guy on the team), Yellowjacket (the treacherous rear end in a top hat of the team who eventually betrays The Hive because he’s not actually a bee) and all led by a cutthroat Queen Bee (in my imaginary Chikara this could have been Kimber Lee or Sara Del Ray).

Instead we got impostor ants, then action figure ants (that killed a boss full of children in Zimbabwe???). :shrug:

they could even have a trios finisher triple bearhug named The Beeball

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mastermind is absolutely b. brian blair

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

STING 64 posted:

mastermind is absolutely b. brian blair

This would have done gangbusters during a KOT. How did they never do this. It's so simple.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The one fan wiki that I ever felt like adding facts to was the Steven universe wiki, where I went through and filled in who he was homaging with each of his gimmick bits

That episode ruled

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I'm trying to think what indy guys who have fit those molds like 10-12 years ago.

Fat guy: Keith Lee? Was Ace Romero active? Jonah Rock was probably still overseas. Brian Cage would work but isn't fat. Comedy answer of Bulldozer Tremont. Anti-comedy option of Greg Excellent.

Skinny lucha guy: pick who you want I guess. Ospreay would be ideal but Quack wasn't gonna fly him in, plus I don't think he was active. Pac was active but in the same location. Omega's still a junior but he's still working Japan. Generico's a known figure. Ricochet had a gimmick. Maybe Mike Sydal? Is Rich Swann too big a name at this point? A.R. Fox? TBH out of everyone this is the easiest to fill.

Cutthroat betrayer: Adam Cole started in '08, I don't know when he started to put it all together but the timeline fits. Swerve also fits but I don't know when he started.

Queen Bee: Cherry Bomb, though is bringing along Pepper Parks mandatory? Mia Yim? When did Courtney Rush become Rosemary? When did Kimber Lee start in Chikara? Daizee Haze was concern-trolled out of Chikara and I think Death Ray was off to coach in developmental.

I'm sure there's a million dudes you could fit into those roles and it'd fit.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I’m the ‘Micro Manager’ Randy Manage and I’m an eeeevil corporate middle manager

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I feel like there was a bee-themed tag team that existed very briefly, like maybe making only a couple appearances. Might have been a Wrestling is Fun thing. Whatever it was, they didn't last long enough to do any storylines.

There was also the Rumble Bees, but they had very little to do with bees other than one guy having "bee" in his name.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
For a while now I've been saying that Keith Lee should return as Keith Bee, and recruit Bee Moriarty and Bee Johnson.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

"Macho Zen" Randy Savasana. I work doing yoga into all of my promos and cheat by hitting my opponents with male fertility crystals.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
The Corpse

Literally a corpse my manager tosses into the ring.

At least while the ref is looking. When his back is turned I go from zero to ten thousand doing all sorts of high flying flippy poo poo.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

David D. Davidson posted:

The Corpse

Literally a corpse my manager tosses into the ring.

At least while the ref is looking. When his back is turned I go from zero to ten thousand doing all sorts of high flying flippy poo poo.

Michigan J. Frog, the Wrestler?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

The Thousand Dollar Man, the richest indy wrestler in america.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
A sea creature often spoken of and threatened with but never actually seen in-ring, the Dreaded Candiru Fish.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

CombineThresher posted:

"Macho Zen" Randy Savasana. I work doing yoga into all of my promos and cheat by hitting my opponents with male fertility crystals.

Wanna be a tag team?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

delfin posted:

A sea creature often spoken of and threatened with but never actually seen in-ring, the Dreaded Candiru Fish.

I feel like the Candiru is too lewd for CHIKARA standards.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

T. N. Tackles, squid quarterback

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Tim Cornet, brash manager who hits people with high quality paper plates.

https://twitter.com/llesuoh/status/1772303377575153834?s=20

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I had a dream last night that Vince McMahon bought and restarted Chikara and the first big feud was Mike Quackenbush vs another Mike Quackenbush from a parallel dimension. I blame this thread.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Sandman from ECW posted:

I had a dream last night that Vince McMahon bought and restarted Chikara and the first big feud was Mike Quackenbush vs another Mike Quackenbush from a parallel dimension. I blame this thread.

Mike Oinkentree.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

im the only guy that does not wear trash bag pants and shames everyone else for their fashion choices

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
ant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The stand-up comedian?