Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I'm Necro Butcher in another mascot outfit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

BodyMassageMachine posted:

How Chikara never ran a Bee-themed rival team against the Colony is beyond me. Yes i know the spinoff ants exist, but missed opportunity not running a stable of bees (The Hive?) with all the guys in bee costumes and named things like Bumblebee (a big lovable fat guy that does flips), El Zumbador (the lucha high flyer guy on the team), Yellowjacket (the treacherous rear end in a top hat of the team who eventually betrays The Hive because he’s not actually a bee) and all led by a cutthroat Queen Bee (in my imaginary Chikara this could have been Kimber Lee or Sara Del Ray).

Instead we got impostor ants, then action figure ants (that killed a boss full of children in Zimbabwe???). :shrug:

I'm trying to think what indy guys who have fit those molds like 10-12 years ago.

Fat guy: Keith Lee? Was Ace Romero active? Jonah Rock was probably still overseas. Brian Cage would work but isn't fat. Comedy answer of Bulldozer Tremont. Anti-comedy option of Greg Excellent.

Skinny lucha guy: pick who you want I guess. Ospreay would be ideal but Quack wasn't gonna fly him in, plus I don't think he was active. Pac was active but in the same location. Omega's still a junior but he's still working Japan. Generico's a known figure. Ricochet had a gimmick. Maybe Mike Sydal? Is Rich Swann too big a name at this point? A.R. Fox? TBH out of everyone this is the easiest to fill.

Cutthroat betrayer: Adam Cole started in '08, I don't know when he started to put it all together but the timeline fits. Swerve also fits but I don't know when he started.

Queen Bee: Cherry Bomb, though is bringing along Pepper Parks mandatory? Mia Yim? When did Courtney Rush become Rosemary? When did Kimber Lee start in Chikara? Daizee Haze was concern-trolled out of Chikara and I think Death Ray was off to coach in developmental.

I'm sure there's a million dudes you could fit into those roles and it'd fit.