Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

syzpid posted:

I won tickets to Tomorrow Never Dies in 2014 from some random Philly entertainment blog. The contest was to create your own Chikara gimmick. Mine was Wikipedia Man who had the Wikipedia globe as his mask. He never wrestled and would just interrupt interviews with “but, actually…” or when someone asked an open ended question. Finally after months of this someone asks him who he is, and he removes his mask to reveal a Vince McMahon mask while yelling “It was me Austin! It was me ALL ALONG!”

Some Chikara fan got really annoyed that I won with a Vince joke, since he had written a whole 3 paragraph convoluted back story for his character.

And that fan's name? Mike Quackenbush

My name is Brad Fry, and my Chikara gimmick is I play in a cool obnoxious hardcore/noise rock band I'm not allowed to say the name of in Chikara because it's too naughty. Unfortunately I am too successful in my day job as a masked salaryman and retire from wrestling after just a couple of years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I get this and enjoy it

I am glad someone did. It never ceases to make me smile that someone from one of the coolest bands (& also in Ultramantis Black's backing band for his really good powerviolence record) of the last 20 years was Mr Zero.