Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

The choice to render the Love as Aieeee makes me wonder if the translation team only had a spreadsheet and didn't have access to the visual context of the line, because it's a mistake I can only see happening if it's written as アイ or あい rather than using the kanji. Which, while what you would still use for a caveman saying "love", would be very easy to read as just noises if you don't know when it's used—if you have the actors and programming for multiple vocal tracks in already, having one of them yell "love" into a microphone like a horny caveman is not a huge cost, so I doubt the voice acting would be a factor. Similar with the choice to write O-D-O as Odo, if you just have a list of enemy names and a deadline you might miss that that's one of the Odio.

Like Clockwork fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Mar 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

Yeah, every other protagonist option is either a dude or the robot.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

I don't think it's possible to get a tie between them due to how it's determined.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

Adventure games can be and often are horror; the Phantasmagoria series comes to mind immediately as an example most people will know.

This is a case of game genre name often being disconnected from actual themes, where in this case it purely indicates gameplay style vs how in other media it would reflect the thematics of the writing.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

Yeah, I think my biggest problem with the gimmick translation is that it's done kind of poorly. Could have used a few more passes for comprehensibility and minimizing stretched meter. Not a bad idea, but also kind of mediocrely executed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It kind of undermines the themes of the story if they aren't both responsible for their worst actions during most of the story, yeah. Oersted's is the one who chose to become Odio even if he was under a lot of mental strain, and Streibough's the one who orchestrated and/or took advantage of the events that drove him to that point.

I think it honestly makes more sense with those same themes if Alethea didn't know either of them and would have been equally "well okay I guess :/" regardless of who won. Streibough being Like That based on absolutely nothing tracks with what we see of the man.