Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

CullenDaGaDee posted:

The best evidence that it's after the Edo chapter is that the historical Sakamoto Ryoma was assassinated in 1867 and this chapter is implied to be taking place at least a little bit after the American Civil War rather than concurrently with it, though without any set dates it's not impossible they're happening around the same time.

Mandatory reminder that there was a very brief window where a Samurai could send a fax to Abraham Lincoln.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

This story definitely saw a lot of improvement with the UI helping with capture the event flag problems. But like the

CptWedgie posted:

Anyway, I like to collect all the attack accessories for later, even if the attacks themselves are pretty much trash, just because I'm OCD like that.

yeah, the OCD impulse to mindread everyone and get all that you can really would drag this down anyway.

I wonder if this story, like Red's in SaGa Frontier were early in the dev schedule and then as time went on they had to start taking bigger and bigger knives and axes to the editing room to get the games done in time.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I feel that the speech in this is far less grating than FFXII/WotL forced Olde Englishe Bloat. Maybe like you said it's in poetic meter or whatever rather than Arbitraree mispelling and placking ks after every ck.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah you gotta love to hate this fucker. For the simple fact that he looks at the whole world for what it is, Dragon Quest 1 where no one has any agency besides him. Not having to talk to anyone and merely just staring at someone until he gets the shirt of an NPC's back, because that's what's expected. The tournament arc existed and concluded without a mysterious silver haired guy that had plot armor, so he won, screw the idea that his friend wanted to win, or the princess either. Such a huge textbook case of protagonist syndrome that he got so mad that he spent billions on tw-

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 21:20 on May 7, 2024