Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I don't mind seeing you start as Vinerva even if her optimal strategy is pretty ridiculously powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
lol, that's a remarkably spicy starting layout

Gfen, Inquisitor. I haven't played non-megacontinent maps in some time, hopefully having a separate landmass from the chosen one and his elves and the massive empire helps us get off the ground.

Sorry, orc buddies. You're all going to die.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Cythereal posted:

I don't have the DLC, but I like using orcs as a hate sink. Get a warlord, get him an ogre or two, go wreak some havoc so everyone hates him, let the forces of good hunt and kill him. Not only distracts them, it lowers the heat on all your other agents when the orc dies because the good guys think they killed the bad guy.

yeah cranking command on your warlord is the way to go

even if you don't have a strong military position for the orcs (such as, for example, if the massive empire on the eastern continent slaughtered the lot), he can still screw around sacking villages and causing famines, and then probably kill the first hero or two that comes for him

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

Warlocks I've found can be surprisingly good generic henchmen when specced into Death Magic, raising ghasts to spread shadow, and from what I've seen heroes generally don't seem to mess with said ghasts. And of course, they're generic, so as long as your recruitment points hold up you can easily replace them. Mind you, I'm playing a map that starts in a state of war (50 x 50, seed is 616) , so YMMV.

yeah they and warlords are my go to expendable morons depending on map state

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I almost always take the trait that applies to all cities, but this is the sort of situation where I might think twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I thought we did actually, might have fallen into myth and dark rumor