Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I've never actually Ophanimed so Ophanim, please.

E: Speaking of mods, Pareidola / Adolia is a mandatory playthrough IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

AtomikKrab posted:

By default trying to gain magic for yourself will cause an arms race, the wizards of the world can tell when you try that poo poo and they WILL fight back hard if the world is not on utter fire preventing them. Part of that is that high level magic quite frankly can do more damage than the strongest god powers. I've literally won games I was behind on by setting up a bunch of magical loot for a certain later game agent, getting them set up and stealthed and calling down the nasty with my remaining agents disrupting attempts to stop them. The Heros can't win if literally everyone around them is dead.

It always feels good to pre-split the map at the beginning of the game and be able to follow up on that, improvisation is fun too but a nicely executed apocalypse in which the heroes are completely boxed in is something else. This is shadow country, this is the plaguelands, this is the orc invasion festival, this is the war of the five queens continent and over there, this is the almost pristine (plague ships own too much) place where I'll cast volcano.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

It has, you just need to Moria them first.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

If you set it to easy mode (and perhaps remove the time limit too) you can coast along on stealthy plague and madness and infiltration shadow spread and mostly play reactively and just giggle when your agents die, they are pawns you don't need to care for.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

One question: I just got the game, how do I find out who the Chosen One is?

If you deselect any agent, army or point of interest by clicking the map on a non PoI area, the right hand bar will list a number of threats and opportunities, the Chosen One is always displayed there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

When you get the murder festival really going, it's great. It's almost a shame to have to start killing off everyone with plague and madness because of the timetable.