Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Shadows of Forbidden Gods is one of my favorite games that I'm just absolutely terrible at. I've managed to beat the game once with She who Thirsts.

My current favorite thing to do is:

Create the Cursed asap and kill her target
Have the Cursed help infiltrate some places while beefing up her Might (ideally focusing on a religious group's seat of power)
When I get another Agent point, have the Cursed go on a murdering spree, and when she dies, bring in The Harvester
Let the Harvester eat a few souls then sit on the religious group's seat of power while preaching about the good word of You 5G nanomachines in vaccines the world is a sphere the elves are using space lasers to start forest fires
Keep influencing the religion because HOLY HELL PEOPLE KEEP LISTENING TO HIM!

Eventually when he dies, promote one of the dozen or so acolytes of the religion to keep singing my praises, because no one tries to stop him for so long and they. Keep. Coming. Back.

Is it effective? Probably not. Is it funny? Hell yeah! Now if only I knew how to actually use the religious mechanics to my advantage...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I do have him lay low after awhile, but it takes a surprisingly long time for people to actually notice the crazy old man even when he's performing "miracles" and the church is :hmmyes: along with what he's saying. Also, what's Music of the Spheres? I don't think I've seen that yet.

If this is considered inappropriate for the LP because OP hasn't covered religious stuff in-depth yet, just let me know and I'll erase my posts.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Do we have a general thread for Shadows? I have questions about other mechanics but don't want to clog up this LP with.