Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Gripweed posted:

yeah it was the warp storm created by the opening of the Eye of Terror that caused Old Night and reduced to humanity to disparate groups surviving on their individual worlds, who would eventually be reunited by the Emperor during the Great Crusade.

Wait I thought it was the fall that CLEARED the warp storms that locked Terra down, and humanity had fallen beforehand due to the AI war, rampant psycher explosions and the rise of the Enslavers. If the fall of the Elder caused the warp storms to break up the human federation, what caused the storms to go away?

'Corse I presume both of these are correct in the lore and no one actually knows the truth in universe now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Mr Teatime posted:

It’s heavily implied/stated in the infinite and the divine that even the high ranking necrons like trayzn and orikan probably don’t have 100% accurate memories of their lives pre biotransfer because the Ctan are dicks. No spoilers but they remember some pretty major events completely differently.

As I do not have the time to go back in time to read it, can you please tell me via spoiler?

quote:

Necron opera also exists and with an audience that doesn't need to breathe or eat there are now plays longer than the events they depict.

We have this already - there are movie and series reviews that go longer than the original. MASH lasted twice as long as the original war did.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Disco Pope posted:

Cool. There's a good "hosed up little guy" quotient in Warhammer.

Suffer not the xenos except these guys who are best friends of that guy.

No, we and they don’t care about the utter hypocrisy.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I’m pretty sure the The war of the false Primarch was more interesting and far bigger than the Babdab war but no one ever talks about it.

Not even Chaos who would be boasting about it all the time but don’t for reasons.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

ChickenHeart posted:

The audience never gets to see the "Second Contact" Federation ships deploying their fleets of dune buggies to supress the local populace with massive clouds of dust kicked-up by all their sick jumps

Lower Decks entire series is about the light cruisers who show up to do Second Contact which sometimes simultaneously both destroy and then save (some of) your home planet. God help you if your planet has Diritiham Crystals to mine, because it WILL be mined enough to wipe out your intelligent rock species.

I'm sure there's at least one episode with dune buggies (or will be in the upcoming last season).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

William Bear posted:

He has appeared as male or female, or neither, as child or elder, peasant or king, magician or fool. He has been an entire cartomantic arcana, for the Master of Mankind is also a master of disguise. He has performed all of these roles well, with delicacy. He has been humble when humility was needed, gentle when softness was the best device, sly, amiable, reassuring, commanding, caring. He has been terrible when terror was the only recourse, and sometimes meek in order to inherit the Earth.

He's not a weapon, or a pycher or a chaos god in waiting.

He's Inspector Clouseau. A master of disguise, indeed.