Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

There are planets where it's always nighttime. I bet you would find owls there. Also I would wager that the owls are psychic / explosive / will gouge out your eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cornwind Evil posted:

And the guy who ran the nutcase Batman/Punisher murder-terror vigilantes was named Konrad Curze, which doesn't really have any hammer to the face secondary meaning, it's just incredibly edgelordy.
Not sure if you're joking but it's an obvious reference to Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness.

I enjoy the baroqueness of 40k lore and the fact that they are willing to just rip stuff off whatever. I don't think I would ever play a table top game or anything like that.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also Kurtz is from Nostramo which sounds like the ship from Alien but is actually another Joseph Conrad reference.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You would be angry too if someone drove nails into your brain.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Saint Celestine is pretty cool because the Emperor himself John Woos it up and sends doves for her. Also she has big rear end wings.

Harald fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 28, 2024