Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

There's a robot monkey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol devastating. shes got your rear end made

Yeah you can't come back from that

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

neato burrito posted:

WH40K nerds, in my experience; are more likely to be slovenly and socially awkward than your average run of the mill pedestrian nerd.

Which is weird given that it's a social game

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Eclipse12 posted:

When I was reading that book, I just kept thinking, "aren't these tyranids"? But no, I guess not.

Giant slicey bug monster gets used a lot on 40k (and other media too).

I didn't mind the Fulgrim book. They did some neat stuff with Slaanesh, although supposedly-badass Ferus Manus gets clowned twice in a row like a dork.

And for those of us who DIDN'T have prior knowledge of the DS massacre...

Wow spoilers

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Eclipse12 posted:

Not sure if you were being sincere or not, but I added tags either way. My bad. Hope I didn't ruin anything.

Lol I was just joking I've read an embarrassing amount of 40k books. It's not a bad idea though there's always new people getting into it unfortunately for them.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

I think the only thing that could use a spoiler is details from The End and The Death pt. 3, if people want to talk about that one. Erebus!! :argh:

The servitor beating the poo poo out of him with a box owned I actually laughed and said "gently caress you" out loud

E:that was part 2 I guess

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Eclipse12 posted:

I have no evidence, but this feels revisionist. And it doesn't explain all the other slaughter.

I'm actually reading the Magnus book right now and part of their mentality is that psychic presence WILL happen so it's better to intentionally bolster it in humanity so it can be used safely. Of course, that's just Magnus' view.

Spoiler related question re: Garviel Lokken Just a "yes" or "no", but do we ever see him again after Istvan? The last book I read he was on planet but had survived(?) the virus, fire, and traitor legions.

Yes

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Punkinhead posted:

Thought the first half was funny, then it got weird, then it got...

"Want a show that doesn't hate your male power fantasies, but embraces them?"

:chloe:

How is it 17 minutes long, good lord

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Smugworth posted:

Little known fact, while former president Donald J. Trump is often depicted as the Emperor of Mankind, he exclusively fielded Slaaneshi Chaos space marines at local tabletop games.

He also claimed to paint all his figures himself but anonymous sources say they were offered "large sums" to paint his armies for him (and never received said payment).

Checks out tbh

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Being corrupted by Nurgle might turn you into a tentacle monster but it also stops you from feeling any pain so it's actually a pretty sweet deal.

You also get free pets

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Eclipse12 posted:

Exactly how tall are the biggest Titans? I knew they vary in size but it seems like the average one is only around 100 feet tall, which seems kinda meh. They be hiding inside buildings and stuff. But then you look at any art of them and their absolutely enormous, bigger than a mountain with an entire university as a hat. And the books usually refer to a very small crew, just a handful, but it seems you'd have dozens working it. What gives, GW?

Realistically they're however big and powerful the author wants them to be, as with most things in 40k lore.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

All of the Necron characters with novels own so far

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah necrons are great. rober rath loving owns.

Nate Crowley too. Twice Dead King books were fun.

Use the Monoliths!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Eclipse12 posted:

Hmm. Can orks be corrupted by Chaos? I've never heard of Chaos Orks.

Just one more reason orks is best.

Don't believe so. I think it has something to do with their gods iirc, they apparently beat the poo poo out of the chaos gods.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Smugworth posted:

Has anyone ever kissed the Emperor

I have

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Just saw the latest meltdown subject, beautiful

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Is there nowhere a straight white man can go without possibly seeing a woman and becoming gay

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

What are you even doing if you dont have an ultramarine terminator overlooking you as you shower

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

In fantasy and bloodbowl, apparently.

Spoiler for green tits:

Grand

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

thin blue whine posted:

Are there any other instances of Games WOKEshop doing more lore reveals or retcons on things like what's happened with the Custodes?

Is any of the fact that they're non-binary explicitly in the lore, or is it discussed ever or is it just only mentioned in how Orkz reproduced and biology in like the codex or something?

e: grammar

They retconned the necrons and C'tan but not quite the same way

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

thin blue whine posted:

I remember the first iteration. I think 3rd edition? I started playing right as the Necron codex was released (and took a very looooong hiatus a few years after). The new lore is much better, I think.

Specifically though, I was thinking more like any crazy gender reveals or anything that outraged some of the bigger losers in the fandom for being too "woke".

There was a black space marine on the cover of the first "Guilliman is in charge now" book which I think caused a mild stir and they also acknowledged the existence of the sisters of silence. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Necrons own

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

It irrationally annoys me that Kor Phaeron almost killed Gully at Calth. Finally had to get that off my chest.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Torchlighter posted:

Which honestly kinda sucks since we already have Guilliman to be the boring generic Big Good Boss for all that his coming back helped settle the worst of the flat character accusations.

Lionel over here simply removing half of the already pretty thin on the ground dark angels story hooks ain't a huge amount better.

There's some semi-informed speculation the Russ is on deck so they could probably do something to make him a foil to the other two. Especially Lion.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

ZombyDog posted:

Whamuudes's Top 20 Primarchs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH22mXIcs9s
You'll never guess his number one

It's going to be the one locked up* under the imperial city.

*probably not actually locked up under the imperial city.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I can't take the greater good seriously, and the tau by extension, because of Hot Fuzz

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

The Greater Good!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

World Eaters should have stuck with white to complement the skulls

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ultras have like 8 billion successor chapters which they pretend are legally distinct.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ultras marines are so codex compliant that you can and will be expelled for saving the world (well, not now that dad's back)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Yeah Abaddon's whole deal is can we please stop dicking around and DO something