Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Never played Warhammer, but somehow ended up with youtube recommendations filled with WH40K content. A particular favorite is Arbitor Ian, a guy who started making a 40k lore channel specifically because he was tired of how so many of the other lore channel seemed to be run by guys who were kinda secretly cheering for the fascism of the setting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqcv3KJpTZE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Eclipse12 posted:

So it's the year 40,000.999.

41k when?

I believe they're already on M42 in the timeline. They're just keeping the 40k name because they know you can't improve on it.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I said come in! posted:

Their only crime is having a big appetite.

Tyranids eating the Emperor right off the Golden Throne would be the objectively funniest outcome for the 40k universe.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Cornwind Evil posted:

I think their hat is still generally 'mediocre at close range, much better at long range', but whether it's to a 'miserable' degree I don't know. I think the current game is based around being able to rapidly move troops around, whether they are melee or ranged?

If you want more details, youtube is here to deliver a report from the world's biggest nerd explaining the stats of the current meta:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLlL2ouaqn8

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Smugworth posted:

Just found out GW was started by 3 dudes in London

Makes sense why they're so effed up

It’s a miracle that there isn’t even more weird fetish content in the game. Truly amazing levels of restraint.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Crazy Achmed posted:

How do the orks achieve ftl travel, then?

If it’s red, it’s gonna go faster

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Crazy Achmed posted:

How do the orks achieve ftl travel, then?

If it’s red, it’s gonna go faster

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

It's kind of absurd just how wild people can get with painting these little guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKpSJ2-n65Y

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Smugworth posted:

These are some expensive action figures

Excuse me, I believe you mean these are some expensive toy soldiers. Also acceptable: little army guys.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

ChickenHeart posted:

Catachans are my favorite subfaction in 40k; they're not in the limelight like the Cadians/Krieg, but they get a little trickle of miniatures and books every now and then that keeps them around the setting. They exist in that sweet-spot where they're juust fleshed-out enough that you can portray them however you want; whether as comically-ridiculous space-Rambos, compassionless Vietnam allegories, or anything in-between.

I also first collected these guys because they were pretty much the only army that was depicted as being made up of multiple races in their art and models waay back in 2001:

(The old Catachan Codex freakin' ruled)

Honestly, my dream is that the Henry Cavill WH40k project has one episode that's basically a complete Predator rip-off, with a bunch of outmatched Catachans in the jungle getting picked off one-by-one by some minor demon. Only a small few survive through sheer ingenuity and willpower. Then, as the finally appear to have run out of options and the demon is about to kill them, these enormous Space Marines show up and immediately wipe out the demon with almost no effort at all. The few survivors are overjoyed, until it turns out that the Space Marines are Grey Knights, and immediately after wiping out the demon they turn around and kill every remaining survivor for having witnessed that demons exist.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

So we have Henry Cavill, he's a big star and a big nerd who is genuinely into this type of thing. How should we use him? I know, let's make episodes that don't follow one particular character at all.

Yeah, but apparently Cavill mains Custodes. So who knows what we'd get if they centered the whole show around him...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Probably the biggest takeaway I've had from the flood of 40k content that has hit me on youtube is that the state of 3d printing has advanced by leaps and bounds since I was last paying attention to it. These SLA resin printers are something else.