Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should I yell at the Judge?
“I’m a lawyer. What we think isn’t supposed to matter.”
"Permission to approach."
"You can't handle the truth"
“In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the police, who investigate crime; and the district attorneys, who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories.”
"No further questions your honor"
"May I beg the court’s indulgence for a moment?"
"The evidence is overwhelming."
"If the glove fits, you must acquit"
" I'm holding you in contempt of court."
"Goku"
View Results

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

My dad got called in for jury duty a few months ago. He spent at least 10 or 11 hours at the courthouse having to listen to a bunch of lawyers and a judge blather on and on and on about a bunch of inane poo poo like the exact meaning of "intent" and "reasonable doubt" and what constitutes a deadly weapon.

This would've been fine, except that the benches the prospective jurors had to sit on were old as poo poo and were so hard and uncomfortable that my dad started developing chest pain and having trouble breathing about halfway through, and it got worse as the day wore on. For reasons I do not understand, he decided that this wasn't good enough reason to ask to be excused and soldiered on, but apparently it was bad enough that he had to sleep in a chair for part of that night because the chest discomfort came back when he went to bed.

Thankfully he wasn't selected, but if he ever gets another jury summons I'm gonna call the courthouse myself and tell them he can't go due to medical issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU