Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Lockpicking
Ropeclimbing
TV/VCR repair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Das Boo posted:

Making chicken taste

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

buglord posted:

oh yeah this. i can't even accomplish it with youtube tutorials. its nearly impossible. the industry i pivoted to doesn't seem to require it anyways because everyone dresses casual, but god ties feel like the some boomer thing that cant die soon enough.

Every time I'm trying to remember how to tie a tie I can't help but think "what is this? who thought of this?"

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Devils Affricate posted:

marrying a horse

:whitewater:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deluding myself into thinking children had meaningful ROI.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

:whitewater:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Much like a cyborg I learned so many things, but how to be human. I can fornicate in seventeen languages, but I can never ... love.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Three Olives posted:

Nevermind, turns out I'm still more human than others lmao

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Cooking scrambled eggs without burning them to the pan.

Sewing torn clothes or buttons.

Doing laundry correctly. I just throw everything in the same load indiscriminately, regardless of color or material

Ironing

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

syntaxfunction posted:

Much like a cyborg I learned so many things, but how to be human. I can fornicate in seventeen languages, but I can never ... love.

It's very likely that in at least one of those languages fornication and love are synonyms

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

haggling

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Thesaurus posted:

Cooking scrambled eggs without burning them to the pan.

Cook them low and slow and keep moving them around the pan with a wooden spoon.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Cook them low and slow and keep moving them around the pan with a wooden spoon.

*Weeping* But adulting coach... I don't HAVE a wooden spoon

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Thesaurus posted:

*Weeping* But adulting coach... I don't HAVE a wooden spoon

You mean your parents never taught you how to whittle?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I don't know how to poo poo

Livo
Dec 31, 2023
- Setting healthy boundaries in relationships
- Managing emotions properly, instead of giving everyone in the whole family the silent treatment and literally having to pass messages between parents for days :gbsmith:
- DIY repair stuff

Re ties: from age 8 to 17, I went to a private school with forced tie-wearing for our uniforms, even in kindergarten, and clip-ons weren't allowed unless you had special permission. I did the very easy to do, Simple Knot aka The Oriental Knot, since it was best suited for young uncoordinated 8 yr old me, none of the more elaborate ones. Without exaggeration, I did not have one comment or issue whatsoever from staff on this type of tie knot in my entire school career, nor have I had any comment on my type of knot in the formal events I went to (weddings, engagements etc). I work in Allied Health thank god, so no more ties for me at work!

Screw wearing ties in general, but you don't need to use an elaborate knot, unless your boss specifically calls out the Simple/Oriental knot as unsuitable and forces you to have a more elaborate knot. In which case, what kind of fresh hell company are you working for?

Just a comment on tyre changing: I have a jack & have changed tyres before, but a lot of tyre places nowadays over-tighten the bolts so you can't remove them with just a jack. My mother grew up on a farm & has changed tyres before: when a tyre went flat not too long after the tyres were swapped out, the bolts didn't move when she tried to remove them. She called the roadside assistance, the technician literally stood on the removal wrench & jumped on it, bolts still wouldn't budge. He had to use his cordless impact wrench to remove the bolts. According to him, they were getting a lot of callouts where tyre places were over-tightening tyres with their cordless wrenches, so manual jacks were useless. Don't feel too bad if you can't change a tyre yourself, you might not be able to anyway without help.

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
I never learned how to live, laugh, love

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

how to pick up chicks

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

how to have a staff of professionals supporting my life admin

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

being rich

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I can drive (badly) but when it comes to car maintenance, I have no idea what's going on.

I need to learn to cook better.

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat
Eating rear end

How to haggle with a prostute without offending

The correct amount of money to tip the paramedics narcanning you

Mahjong

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

two chicks at the same time

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

how to not poo poo myself

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
How to taxes

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Ride a horse

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i can't dougie

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Three Olives posted:

hug your smart toaster for me

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Using soap in the shower

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

bad posting

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Saddling a horse

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Thesaurus posted:

Sewing torn clothes or buttons.

Doing laundry correctly. I just throw everything in the same load indiscriminately, regardless of color or material.

I learned to sew in grade 2.

As far as laundry is concerned I've only ever thrown all my poo poo together because gently caress it, why not? Nothing has ever bled and turned all my poo poo purple or whatever.
Exceptions: when bleaching white stuff or washing my bed sheets, because they get washed in hot water.
Everything else comes water and whatever detergent was cheapest at the grocery store when I bought it

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Dining with other couples, it loving sucks.

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe
hpw to t ype on a smortphnoen

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Toxic Mental posted:

Using soap in the shower

Rub on crotch, pits, face
Rinse off
Done

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
How to withstand talking to boring people.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I can't even make a spice rack!

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Thesaurus posted:

Doing laundry correctly. I just throw everything in the same load indiscriminately, regardless of color or material

:yeah:

Combining loads indiscriminately becomes even more important when you are using an apartment complex machine that costs money.

buglord fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 26, 2024

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
PC repair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

u sp33k l33t br0
Sep 12, 2007

Who Doesn't Like Intercourse?
Soiled Meat
I have to look at my keyboard when I type.