Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
How to launder my sweaters and other stuff made of wool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I. M. Gei posted:

Touch-typing.

I was typing 150 wpm at age 10 because I needed to be able to type out sick burns to my opponents in various late-1990s multiplayer games while still actually playing the game, have you tried doing that?

There was a typing class in grade 5 and the teacher was like "wtf uhh i have nothing to teach you, just play video games in this class every day"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Just don't buy fancy or red items of clothing, laundry's a snap....

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

git apologist posted:

how to pick up chicks

You want to form a little scoop with your hands and then scoop them up gently

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
honestly i've always been employed but never really had a "boss" boss like in Office Space or whatever and i've gotten to 30 like this. on the job hunt right now and realizing like yeah I'm Going to Have Some Problems

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
eh you're not alone in that. I have a friend in his early 30s who has his first real 'boss' boss now, and sure it's a learning curve that he's hitting hard but he's also learning fast and soon enough it'll just be another thing he's used to at the office. You'll get there too. Treasure not having had to do that swallowing of pride earlier.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

imo the main thing to keep in mind with managing up in a larger company or corpo environment, is that your boss has one (or several) too, and that what your boss probably cares about more than you doing your job perfectly, or the company overall doing well, is placating their own bosses and advancing their own career.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Managing money effectively. I mean, I'm not as bad as I used to be, but still.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

stabling a horse

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
Learning to love/be loved

Thesaurus posted:

Cooking scrambled eggs without burning them to the pan.

The oil is too cold, you want it to get to the point that there's a shimmer on it before you put the eggs in

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
climax from anal

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Cyber Punk 90210 posted:

Learning to love/be loved

The oil is too cold, you want it to get to the point that there's a shimmer on it before you put the eggs in

The greatest thing ull ever learn, is just to love, and be loved in return

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

u sp33k l33t br0 posted:

I have to look at my keyboard when I type.

play more Runescape

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

QuarkJets posted:

I was typing 150 wpm at age 10 because I needed to be able to type out sick burns to my opponents in various late-1990s multiplayer games while still actually playing the game, have you tried doing that?

There was a typing class in grade 5 and the teacher was like "wtf uhh i have nothing to teach you, just play video games in this class every day"

I also learned to type in Ultima Online MMORPG so that I could survive on the mean streets of Britannia.

In school they just gave us a laminated print out of a keyboard and had us pretend to type on it

naem
May 29, 2011

I took a typing class in hs where they had us learn by running memorization like a parrot where’d typed yell out a letter and we’d type with the correct finger without looking, it was great

I missed the day we did “Z” and to this day it’s the only letter I have to stop and look for

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How to change a tire
How to do dishes by hand
How a lawnmower works

Really anything that dirties the hands.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
loving cars, how do they work

Like, I get how internal combustion engines work, I've changed a tire, light bulbs, did oil once, topped off fluids, wiper blades, even youtub'ed my way to replacing fuses. But if anything else goes wrong I just go "I dunno" and take it to a shop, where they tell me what's wrong and I nod my head like a loving idiot pretending to understand what they're saying, and maybe note something to google later before getting ripped off for repairs (or maybe not, how the hell would I know).

But I can do computers so take that grandpa

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Three Olives posted:

How to do dishes by hand

https://i.imgur.com/uKnANUk.gifv

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er
Cooking :(
"hnngg all it takes is you know how to read" hey I have to navigate a grocery store and understand what ingredients neededn too

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Secks Cauldron posted:

How to roast a chicken without drying it out

The trick is to soak it in buttermilk for 8-12 hours before.
Roast it in a cast iron skillet, rotating it every 10 minutes or so.

I never learned to mind my own goddamn business!!!

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Also how to dance. Like, I can't even do a casual bob, I have no idea what I'm doing and it feels weird as gently caress

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Also how to dance. Like, I can't even do a casual bob, I have no idea what I'm doing and it feels weird as gently caress

Same and I hate it

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

My father’s father used to shame him because he didn’t know how to dig a well on his own, but happily because he didn’t manage that is no longer considered an adult skill

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Gaylor Moon posted:

Cooking :(
"hnngg all it takes is you know how to read" hey I have to navigate a grocery store and understand what ingredients neededn too

Come with me, gentle goon. I will teach you how to cook.

Seriously, cooking is super loving easy and rewarding once you get in to the swing of it. You also learn a bunch of skills "accidentally" as you learn how to make more dishes.

Fuuuuuck I love cooking.

I didn't really know anything about home maintenance until I bought a house a few years ago. As I learn how to do stuff the right way, I see all the shortcuts the previous owners took and it drives me insane.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

re: learning to cook, i know jamie oliver is considered problematic in various circles and the one restaurant of his ive been to was just kind of ok and imo overpriced

however, he's got a show where he just teaches you dishes that involve literally just 5 ingredients and only take 20 minutes to make. my cooking technique is not the greatest but ive made quite a few of these dishes and they are all very good and surprisingly easy.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I spent all of my 20s and my early 30s never cooking, now I cook all the time.

I think it just seems widely impractical to cook for one person, the cost/effort calculation changes significantly when you are cooking for two though.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Three Olives posted:

Really anything that dirties the hands.

Fisting.

Earwicker posted:

re: learning to cook, i know jamie oliver is considered problematic in various circles and the one restaurant of his ive been to was just kind of ok and imo overpriced

however, he's got a show where he just teaches you dishes that involve literally just 5 ingredients and only take 20 minutes to make. my cooking technique is not the greatest but ive made quite a few of these dishes and they are all very good and surprisingly easy.

He had a restaurant around the corner from me in Brighton, but it had vanished into the mists before I thought about visiting.

staberind fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 26, 2024

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

feeding a horse

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

hobbling a horse

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Same and I hate it

spend 5 minutes every morning practicing your favorite fortnite dance and you’ll be good to go by wedding season

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Coloring with markers without getting ink on my hands

Mar 26, 2024

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Mar 26, 2024

Mar 26, 2024

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Mar 26, 2024

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
If you want to learn basic cooking get a copy of The Starving Student's Cookbook. If you have a kid going away to college/moving out, get them this. Basic recipes with a few ingredients; focus on using only one pan or pot. Explanations of basic cooking terms. It's a great starting point. I'm still using my copy 30+ years later. People for years thought I was some sort of cooking guru and I was doing the simplest stuff ever.

I never learned how to fly a plane. I did basic flight school, but never followed through on it. Also, I totally suck at basic sewing.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I don't separate colours when I wash my clothes because who loving cares.

Things I can't do:
Taxes
Making grilled cheese (I can cook! But for some reason I stink at making grilled cheese)
Doing math with fractions

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
How to executor a dead relative's estate.
How to ride a bicycle.
Throatsinging.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Mad Hamish posted:

I don't separate colours when I wash my clothes because who loving cares.

Things I can't do:
Taxes
Making grilled cheese (I can cook! But for some reason I stink at making grilled cheese)
Doing math with fractions

For grilled cheese lower the heat to Med low and cover. Gives cheese time to melt before the bottom burns.

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

Total Party Kill posted:

shoeing a horse

"Welcome back everyone, to Nate the Hoof guy"

Cyber Punk 90210 fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 26, 2024

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
I also can't tie a tie.
I can't sew, and really wish I could.

git apologist posted:

how to pick up chicks

Instructions were unclear - picked up dudes instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
still havent done a real bad shart and feel unprepared