Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

how to throw a caber

e: how to follow the noble bushido code

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

I also can't tie a tie.

That is because it is not an adult skill, how did you make it through your etiquette courses when you were like 12 without being able to tie a tie?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Butt Stuff

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Also how to dance. Like, I can't even do a casual bob, I have no idea what I'm doing and it feels weird as gently caress
People who know how to dance will tell you to just let go and do it naturally.

People who know how to dance are unaware this is not possible if you don't know to dance.

I'm sure us non-dance knowers could learn to dance by actually getting dance lessons or something and just learning how though.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Joining the VFW

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i grew out my hair but never really learned any ways to style it or tie it back other than a basic bun or ponytail

they don’t teach this stuff in school!!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

On The Internet posted:

For grilled cheese lower the heat to Med low and cover. Gives cheese time to melt before the bottom burns.

I discovered that an air fryer makes perfect grilled cheese every time. It's like out of a magazine good.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

How to have a small dick, the movies make it sound like it's really easy to become a man with a tiny micropeen but I can only ever seem to have an enormous one, I'm sick of knocking over lamps and stuff

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

#adulting

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Car care, plumbing, and especially electrical work. It seems like my dad was always doing that poo poo, but it never really comes up for me.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Milking a horse

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
smashing my own dick with 5906487 bricks in a single afternoon.
vibing.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Also how to dance. Like, I can't even do a casual bob, I have no idea what I'm doing and it feels weird as gently caress

Get stoned and just learn to vibe. Practice alone. Not in front of a mirror or anything though that’s weirdo stuff.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

relax your knees is one thing i think a lot of white peoples dont understand

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

my handwriting is embarrassingly bad and actually writing as opposed to typing or whatever comes up rarely enough now that im never going to bother to fix it

i cant even hold a pencil the right way

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Dancing is haram.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

pencilhands posted:

:chanpop:

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

It's been so long now since I've had to wear a tie, this thread has me doubting whether I remember how...

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Elukka posted:

People who know how to dance will tell you to just let go and do it naturally.

People who know how to dance are unaware this is not possible if you don't know to dance.

I'm sure us non-dance knowers could learn to dance by actually getting dance lessons or something and just learning how though.

Do you ever like nod your head to the beat or anything like that when listening to a song you like? It's ok if you don't, but if you ever find yourself doing some kind of movement due to the music you're listening to, dancing is just an extension of that impulse.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i know how to tie a tie but ive never mastered the art of feeling comfortable while wearing one, feels like choking the entire time. i dont even like buttoning a shirt up all the way if i dont have to

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

What to do in the event of power loss while navigating under a bridge in a shipping port

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

pencilhands posted:

this scandal is going to rock gbs to its foundation

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Livo posted:

Screw wearing ties in general, but you don't need to use an elaborate knot, unless your boss specifically calls out the Simple/Oriental knot as unsuitable and forces you to have a more elaborate knot. In which case, what kind of fresh hell company are you working for?

This is also called the Server knot, because its what 99.9999% of servers tie for jobs that force them to wear ties. The half-windsor knot is one extra step (step #4 in the linked diagram) beyond the Simple/Oriental/Server knot, and its acceptable in every occasion. Its also really funny once you can tell the difference, because you'll see really famous people on TV with the simple knot.

Earwicker posted:

i know how to tie a tie but ive never mastered the art of feeling comfortable while wearing one, feels like choking the entire time. i dont even like buttoning a shirt up all the way if i dont have to

If you tie a half-windsor or larger knot, you can undo the button on your collar and use the tie to keep it in place - assuming you have collar stays and the lapel isn't crazy long. I had to learn all of this the hard way, because my dad was a teamster, and it took 3 years of working retail for a place that didnt accept the server knot to feel comfortable. It was also in California, which is a big :lol: because only peons wear ties there.

I'm mostly a complete adult, but thats only because I compare myself to my :airquote: adult :airquote: parents.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I feel honored that my threads bring rereg guy out of the woodworks.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Gaylor Moon posted:

Cooking :(
"hnngg all it takes is you know how to read" hey I have to navigate a grocery store and understand what ingredients neededn too

When I say I suck at cooking, it’s not the part where I’m actually cooking, but the logistics of cooking and trying to avoid recipes with 15 ingredients that will go bad/need storage/have to be frozen. My dream cookbook would give you a list of 10 ingredients and like 20 different dishes you can make with it.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

everything that doesn't involve the computer!

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
At my brother's wedding, we were getting all dressed up, and he confessed he couldn't remember how to tie his tie. He wore one for work for several years; in the past. I half-windsored him up; making fun of him the whole time. He's my brother so I'm allowed to laugh at him in his moment of need.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

buglord posted:

When I say I suck at cooking, it’s not the part where I’m actually cooking, but the logistics of cooking and trying to avoid recipes with 15 ingredients that will go bad/need storage/have to be frozen. My dream cookbook would give you a list of 10 ingredients and like 20 different dishes you can make with it.

meat veggie carb fat
thats 4 ingredients and all you need at a baseline before seasoning comes in

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i also suck at knots

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv_1X4ki3vk

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Smugworth posted:

What to do in the event of power loss while navigating under a bridge in a shipping port

I knew I’d regret dropping that class. It as at 8:30am tho

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.
i tied up like 10 ties when i was in high school and have just picked out one of those off the hanger for the past 15 years if needed. Probably could not do the adult thing now, but forethought saved me from caring I guess.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Buttchocks posted:

How to executor a dead relative's estate.

Oh yeah this ones a fun learning curve.
Best thing you can do is find your nearest solicitor if you don't know one personally. Tell them that your doing that and they'll handle the rest/tell what to do next.

Mostly its signing things, getting things witnesses and contacting a funeral home to make funeral/burial arrangements. It can also be pricey so its an added level of suckiness.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

shirunei posted:

i tied up like 10 ties when i was in high school and have just picked out one of those off the hanger for the past 15 years if needed. Probably could not do the adult thing now, but forethought saved me from caring I guess.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Buttchocks posted:

Throatsinging.
ive been trying to learn this with out actually trying to learn it. and it seems hard

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

How to launder my sweaters and other stuff made of wool.

bring them to ur mom's house. she has woolite

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
twerking. never needed to learn, it just came naturally

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
finding reputable contractors to do work on my home for a fair price, or how to do those same fixes myself. stuff thats juuust past general handyman skills requiring special equipment and parts. stuff that doesnt reeeaaaaally need immediate repair and doesnt really affect my day to day life. which is why there has been a hole in my closet ceiling for several months. it remains there as a reminder of my failure to actualize as an adult, a failure i have perhaps semi-consciously embraced in a misguided attempt to cling to comforting enfeeblement of youth. yeah, thats a good cope, lets go with that

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
buying a home in the 90s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

Never learned how to crop