Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Earwicker posted:

i love dancing but i dont think of it as a "skill" and certainly not an "adult skill" because ive been doing it since i waslike 5 years old and havent really changed much about how i do it, and it still works

but im just strictly talking about moving my body to music for fun, not the formal art form. but when someone says "hey lets go out dancing" they usually just mean the former and its all good. the main actual skill involved is temporarily letting go of caring how others perceive you

As someone who looks really bad when dancing, you'd be surprised how few people care (like, close to actual zero). Hell, if you're vibing people want to join in on the fun most of the time.

I know it's hard to let go of the "everyone is watching me and mocking me" feeling but honestly as long as you are not flailing around to invade other peoples space, you're not visible.

I solved my issues with dancing by going to very busy bars or clubs. In an environment like that I feel blended in more. Knowing the music that plays also helps, I use Nelly (the rapper) method of dancing as I simulate the lyrics with my hand. Check out the "Hot in Herre" music video

I didn't go straight to "lmao drink more" or other shortcuts, not everyone wants / needs that and ut kinda creates dependancy.

The new study revealed dancing is literally the top way of feeling happy so get in on that action :getin:

Galewolf fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU