Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
If you want to learn basic cooking get a copy of The Starving Student's Cookbook. If you have a kid going away to college/moving out, get them this. Basic recipes with a few ingredients; focus on using only one pan or pot. Explanations of basic cooking terms. It's a great starting point. I'm still using my copy 30+ years later. People for years thought I was some sort of cooking guru and I was doing the simplest stuff ever.

I never learned how to fly a plane. I did basic flight school, but never followed through on it. Also, I totally suck at basic sewing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop
At my brother's wedding, we were getting all dressed up, and he confessed he couldn't remember how to tie his tie. He wore one for work for several years; in the past. I half-windsored him up; making fun of him the whole time. He's my brother so I'm allowed to laugh at him in his moment of need.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop
I lucked out on the dancing thing. I was definitely the type to sit at a table and say, "I don't dance".

At a family reunion when I was about 12 years old, with live music and a dance floor, a cousin grabbed me and said we were going to dance. "I don't know how..." "Well, I'll teach you". She taught me three basic moves; overhead spins, side to side, and roll-outs.

Those three moves served me so well through high school proms, wedding receptions, and even at night clubs. My friends thought I was a dancing king; and I was just doing the same three things over and over.

Edit: Heck in high school I even got nicknamed "JT"... John Travolta... I was really just a nerd.

I would love to take some tango dance lessons, but the closest studio that teaches adults is about 2 hours away. : (

Internetjack fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 27, 2024