Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Also how to dance. Like, I can't even do a casual bob, I have no idea what I'm doing and it feels weird as gently caress
People who know how to dance will tell you to just let go and do it naturally.

People who know how to dance are unaware this is not possible if you don't know to dance.

I'm sure us non-dance knowers could learn to dance by actually getting dance lessons or something and just learning how though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Earwicker posted:

i love dancing but i dont think of it as a "skill" and certainly not an "adult skill" because ive been doing it since i waslike 5 years old and havent really changed much about how i do it, and it still works

but im just strictly talking about moving my body to music for fun, not the formal art form. but when someone says "hey lets go out dancing" they usually just mean the former and its all good. the main actual skill involved is temporarily letting go of caring how others perceive you
I mean you gotta let go yes but it's also probably a factor that you've been doing it since you were 5. It's a skill you've learned through practice, like all skills.