Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Grey Cat posted:

I can't imagine my life typing under 120wpm. I hate phones for this exact reason.

Bring back T9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Livo posted:

Screw wearing ties in general, but you don't need to use an elaborate knot, unless your boss specifically calls out the Simple/Oriental knot as unsuitable and forces you to have a more elaborate knot. In which case, what kind of fresh hell company are you working for?

This is also called the Server knot, because its what 99.9999% of servers tie for jobs that force them to wear ties. The half-windsor knot is one extra step (step #4 in the linked diagram) beyond the Simple/Oriental/Server knot, and its acceptable in every occasion. Its also really funny once you can tell the difference, because you'll see really famous people on TV with the simple knot.

Earwicker posted:

i know how to tie a tie but ive never mastered the art of feeling comfortable while wearing one, feels like choking the entire time. i dont even like buttoning a shirt up all the way if i dont have to

If you tie a half-windsor or larger knot, you can undo the button on your collar and use the tie to keep it in place - assuming you have collar stays and the lapel isn't crazy long. I had to learn all of this the hard way, because my dad was a teamster, and it took 3 years of working retail for a place that didnt accept the server knot to feel comfortable. It was also in California, which is a big :lol: because only peons wear ties there.

I'm mostly a complete adult, but thats only because I compare myself to my :airquote: adult :airquote: parents.