Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Livo
Dec 31, 2023
- Setting healthy boundaries in relationships
- Managing emotions properly, instead of giving everyone in the whole family the silent treatment and literally having to pass messages between parents for days :gbsmith:
- DIY repair stuff

Re ties: from age 8 to 17, I went to a private school with forced tie-wearing for our uniforms, even in kindergarten, and clip-ons weren't allowed unless you had special permission. I did the very easy to do, Simple Knot aka The Oriental Knot, since it was best suited for young uncoordinated 8 yr old me, none of the more elaborate ones. Without exaggeration, I did not have one comment or issue whatsoever from staff on this type of tie knot in my entire school career, nor have I had any comment on my type of knot in the formal events I went to (weddings, engagements etc). I work in Allied Health thank god, so no more ties for me at work!

Screw wearing ties in general, but you don't need to use an elaborate knot, unless your boss specifically calls out the Simple/Oriental knot as unsuitable and forces you to have a more elaborate knot. In which case, what kind of fresh hell company are you working for?

Just a comment on tyre changing: I have a jack & have changed tyres before, but a lot of tyre places nowadays over-tighten the bolts so you can't remove them with just a jack. My mother grew up on a farm & has changed tyres before: when a tyre went flat not too long after the tyres were swapped out, the bolts didn't move when she tried to remove them. She called the roadside assistance, the technician literally stood on the removal wrench & jumped on it, bolts still wouldn't budge. He had to use his cordless impact wrench to remove the bolts. According to him, they were getting a lot of callouts where tyre places were over-tightening tyres with their cordless wrenches, so manual jacks were useless. Don't feel too bad if you can't change a tyre yourself, you might not be able to anyway without help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU