Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

i have read the dispossessed and the left hand of darkness no fewer than one dozen times each

I bought a set with all the Hainish books and it was extremely worth it. those two are probably the best but i also liked planet of exiles and city of illusions quite a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Communist Thoughts posted:

i dont know this one but i read her translation of the I Ching and it was funny how much she'd change the things she didnt like, sometimes being like "he probably didn't mean this, i changed it to x" and sometimes being like "i've excised this whole chapter because its distracting from the real message" every time lao tzu goes "peasants should know their place" or "women shouldnt be allowed to talk"

also every story i've read of hers is about an intriguing and mystical man everyone is always talking about, dispossessed was interesting but didnt have an ending, lathe was okay, but earthsea 1 was a snoozefest

i guess its only implied since chronologically dispossesed is the first in the series despite being one of the later books, but the anarchists end up winning and the technology for instant communication gets spread around and becomes the basis for intergalactic civilization