Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Snidely Whiplash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
it sounds like my skeleton talking

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
It sounds like me, just me, no one else. It can’t be turned off and it doesn’t shut up until I’m sleeping or receiving a ketamine infusion, but I don’t mind. The ketamine makes me say only nice things to myself for about two weeks, which is great. If your internal monologue is mean to you, look into ketamine. Don’t let Elon Musk spoil a good thing.

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

Daniel Stern

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.
It's my own voice but infinitely more rude, crude, and just plain evil.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

A beautiful lady

yeah i hear me in my head too :wink:

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021
Samuel L Jackson

"There are too many goddam sprinkles on this mother loving donut."

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Harry_Potato posted:

Samuel L Jackson

"There are too many goddam sprinkles on this mother loving donut."

14 is not too many.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I can remember and imagine so many voices, speak these words I'm typing slowly in my head, but it's not quite a sound, is it? I can imagine a scream that tingles the brain,, but I'll never hear it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Gilbert Gottfried.

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Sephiroth or some other cool dude probably

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

Nigmaetcetera posted:

It sounds like me, just me, no one else. It can’t be turned off and it doesn’t shut up until I’m sleeping or receiving a ketamine infusion, but I don’t mind. The ketamine makes me say only nice things to myself for about two weeks, which is great. If your internal monologue is mean to you, look into ketamine. Don’t let Elon Musk spoil a good thing.

ketamine can be fun but also kind of puts you in a weird parallel dimension and your brain can kind of do some weird spiral things that are quite a lot to manage. Are you actually getting medical ketamine or what maybe I'm doing too much

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Mitch Hedberg

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
its chris morris op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfcqSXKS-ic

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 28, 2024

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
the spin doctors :(

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

I thought it was my voice but then when I listen to my voice I sound like a high pitched nasal whiny idiot who can't pronounce anything, so I'm not sure what voice it is. It sounds way better than my real voice though.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Costco Meatballs posted:

ketamine can be fun but also kind of puts you in a weird parallel dimension and your brain can kind of do some weird spiral things that are quite a lot to manage. Are you actually getting medical ketamine or what maybe I'm doing too much

Yeah I get it at a clinic. I wouldn't trust "ketamine" that didn't come from them.

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023

lamb posted:

Matt Berry

What a gift

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I hear my inner monologue as myself because I’m a lame weenie dweeb.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Tim Curry as Poet Man from Lexx

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They're just other mes with slightly different vibes and minor voice changes, unless I've been reading a lot of a book series with a very specific voice or perspective or manner of writing, then there's a weird period where I narrate myself or use the "voice" I read the books in. Wears off after I move on to something else.

I can also hear my friends when I need to have an imaginary conversation with them to work through something, but it's just their mannerisms and quirks and little quips I "hear" or "see." The rest is clearly my average thinking voice doing an impression, saying the kind of advice or response they would give.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

there isnt actually a voice. i mean i don't know what half of you are talking about, there's no one speaking inside my head to me: that's called undiagnosed schizophrenia. i dunno words and thoughts come to me and thats it, theyre there. did internal monotalkers have to force this change or does it come naturally? from childhood? the whole concept is bizarre to me and i felt it was time i spoke up.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

im pretty sure all of us can hear our friends though. hell, video game characters... grunts...

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

a gonk droid. it's not an especially helpful internal monologue. Gonk!

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

cumpantry posted:

there isnt actually a voice. i mean i don't know what half of you are talking about, there's no one speaking inside my head to me: that's called undiagnosed schizophrenia. i dunno words and thoughts come to me and thats it, theyre there. did internal monotalkers have to force this change or does it come naturally? from childhood? the whole concept is bizarre to me and i felt it was time i spoke up.

lol your brain is broken

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

check your audio settings, maybe you've got yourself muted

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

satan, of course :devil:

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

teen witch posted:

you know, the little voice inside your head? Not like in a “seek treatment” sort of way (and I think that’s more complicated than this? Not a doctor!).

You can have one or multiple, but right now it’s a very exasperated Jonathan Banks while I’m working.

Who is the voice cheering you up when you’re down? Who is the voice motivating you to do the dishes? What voice should we be reading your posts in?

You do know you can switch it off?

That voice in your head.

I do it all the time.

:love:

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Loden Taylor posted:

check your audio settings, maybe you've got yourself muted

I wish my inner monologue had a mute function

zone
Dec 6, 2016
Morgan Freeman with Steve Buscemi's voice

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

The singer from the Venga Boys, and it's all talk-singing

The street you want is coming

So get into the right lane

You know you've got to signal

So other drivers see you

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021
The teacher from the "Charlie Brown" cartoons.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
francis the talking mule

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
Came to post Gilbert Gottfried but y’all got there first

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

20 Blunts posted:

Gilbert Gottfried

lamb posted:

Matt Berry

These are honestly the only answers that matter

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Carl Brutananadilewski

sometimes as he's being molested by Handbanana

isaboo fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Mar 28, 2024

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the sardukar throat singer dude from dune

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
tony soprano

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Anytime I hear something I consider ignorant or backwards I repeat it to myself in my head in a cartoony hee-haw stupid hayseed hick voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Alan Tudyk as the resident alien.