Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

bump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

where's joementum

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

he still dead?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/Dennis_Kucinich/status/1773112457776517245

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

post hole digger posted:

he still dead?

I loved him. May his memory be a blessing. Deepest sympathies to Hadassah & the Lieberman Family. :(

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Joemento Mori

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
I remember when he "was in a three-way tie for third" in New Hampshire (ate poo poo and came in 5th).

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I'm not sure who this guy was but from what I gather from the thread he was an American politician who said some mean things about video games. I presume the reason he lived to a ripe old age was because there was a goon project to
Mortal Kombat voice: "finish him!"

i say swears online posted:

where's joementum

Presumably it finished at the bottom of the stairs

Kopmala
Mar 28, 2024

DynamicSloth posted:

I remember when he "was in a three-way tie for third" in New Hampshire (ate poo poo and came in 5th).

He definitely cost Gore NH in the election, and had he won it, Florida would've been irrelevant.

Too bad this couldn't have happened in early 2009.

Livo
Dec 31, 2023
Joe Lieberman said the Super Scope looked like an assault weapon in the Congressional hearing on violence in video games (31:27 if the time code doesn't work). Good thing he protected kids from evil shoulder mounted video game peripherals!

I'm probably very wrong on this, but during the early Affordable Health Care Bill days, wasn't Lieberman the only person preventing it from being passed with a public single user option like Canada/UK, since he sided with the Republicans, forcing it to be majorly rewritten & submitted again in its current form so it could be passed? If he hadn't sided with the Republicans, then the ACA would have had a public single user option, no?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

fart simpson posted:

I loved him. May his memory be a blessing. Deepest sympathies to Hadassah & the Lieberman Family. :(

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u7aL1XZ9Lk

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Joe DIEberman

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Love better people imo

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
after Lieberman killed the public option Al Franken was a salty bitch to him when Lieberman was speaking on healthcare savings on the senate floor

https://youtu.be/hVRp52op918?si=Mm5nVq-CFhowX8L1

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

McCain, Lieberman, Rubio Urge Immediate Action Against Assad Regime | Senator Rubio

www.rubio.senate.gov - Fri, 13 May 2011 posted:

### McCain, Lieberman, Rubio Urge Immediate Action Against Assad Regime

May 13, 2011 | Press Releases

WASHINGTON, DC- Today, Senators John McCain (R-AZ), Joseph Lieberman (I-CT) and Marco Rubio (R-FL) released the following statement regarding Syria:

“Despite a ferocious and desperate attempt by Bashar al Assad to beat the Syrian people into silence this week, thousands of courageous Syrians have returned to the streets in towns and cities across the country today to demand their rights. At this critical moment, we believe President Obama’s leadership is vitally important. We urge the President, together with our other allies around the world, to join the call of the protesters echoing across Syria today — that Bashar al Assad has lost the legitimacy to lead, and that it is time for him and his regime to go. President Obama should expand sanctions immediately against those officials responsible for the dramatically expanded campaign of repression and violence in Syria, including Bashar al Assad personally. We also urge our colleagues in the United States Senate to send a strong bipartisan message that we will stand with the Syrian people demonstrating for their freedom by passing the resolution we introduced earlier this week.”

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again
The first step towards human rights always seems to be indiscriminate bombing and sabotaging civilian infrastructure ...

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Livo posted:

Joe Lieberman said the Super Scope looked like an assault weapon in the Congressional hearing on violence in video games (31:27 if the time code doesn't work). Good thing he protected kids from evil shoulder mounted video game peripherals!

I'm probably very wrong on this, but during the early Affordable Health Care Bill days, wasn't Lieberman the only person preventing it from being passed with a public single user option like Canada/UK, since he sided with the Republicans, forcing it to be majorly rewritten & submitted again in its current form so it could be passed? If he hadn't sided with the Republicans, then the ACA would have had a public single user option, no?

Yes, Joe Lieberman is singlehandedly responsible for the ACA not having a public option. Hell is too good for him.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Retromancer posted:

Yes, Joe Lieberman is singlehandedly responsible for the ACA not having a public option. Hell is too good for him.

idk man i think they woulda found someone else to stop it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i thought max baucus was the boogeyman in that episode???

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Gaming is saved

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Retromancer posted:

That's all I remember him for, even though he was just playing the rotating villain and it was Obama that killed it behind the scenes.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

papersack posted:

No Joe November came early

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

i say swears online posted:

i thought max baucus was the boogeyman in that episode???

Many hands make light work

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

fart simpson posted:

idk man i think they woulda found someone else to stop it

sure but this thread isn’t the somebody else who might have killed single payer died thread

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Truly, in the end it was us who were the Sore Losermen.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Vaxxed?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Horseshoe theory posted:

Guess it didn't protect him...

lol and also somehow username post combo

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Eagerly awaiting the news of liddle Marco's misfortune

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lmao

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Sanlav posted:

The first step towards human rights always seems to be indiscriminate bombing and sabotaging civilian infrastructure ...

Actually these days its usually financing terrorism to justify the bombing

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice
"lieber lieber lieber" --said joe lieberman as he kicked the bucket.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
He died as he lived: A schmuck.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

TehSaurus posted:

sure but this thread isn’t the somebody else who might have killed single payer died thread

but what if it was

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

rest in piss bozo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

fart simpson posted:

but what if it was

Max Baucus is 82 so we might not have to wait long to find out