Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
OSPREAY VS SHIBATA 18 26.09%
BUCKS VS PP 2 2.90%
WOMENS FOUR WAY 5 7.25%
BEST FRIENDS VS KINGDOM 2 2.90%
SWERVE VS TAKESHITA 42 60.87%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I was popped by the fact that the Bucks have renamed a Indietaker/Meltzer Driver variant the Tony Khan Driver. Sensational work.

Ospreay-Shibata hosed, tag matches rocked, Swerve hitting the pop-up stomp was amazing, women’s four way was pretty good as well. Good show of professional wrestling today, as often is the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I really enjoyed the four way.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Yeah, skye blue has gotten quite good, that match went pretty hard and even anna looked good

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

There were parts of that match where Mercedes stopped trying to play cool and just started marking out for all the sick spots and I hope she realizes that she can and should do that more because it added to a fun, fun match. I loved how it really shifted to another gear, and Skye Blue's been improving so much since her dark turn. She and Julia are SUCH a fun duo.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

There were parts of that match where Mercedes stopped trying to play cool and just started marking out for all the sick spots and I hope she realizes that she can and should do that more because it added to a fun, fun match. I loved how it really shifted to another gear, and Skye Blue's been improving so much since her dark turn. She and Julia are SUCH a fun duo.

It gave me hope she will stop playing a character and thus feeling so fake. Her genuine reactions were fun!

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Yeah, her commentary was pretty bad apart from her genuine reactions to the sick spots.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

For sure. I'm more than willing to give her some time to realize that she can have some freedom and doesn't have to Play The Part all the time. It took Edge a little bit to loosen up and understand the rhythm of AEW, too, and he turned out great. She's a fantastic wrestler and has rockstar charisma, and while she's never been the best talker I definitely think there's a large part that's held back by the WWE-isms she never really got a chance to shed before her injury. I have a lot of empathy for her because it can be so difficult breaking through that barrier if you've only known one style through your professional career, and especially if you come from a place where if you put one toe out of line you're severely punished (as she was!). Once she understands the more organic nature of AEW I have no doubt she'll adapt.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

For sure. I'm more than willing to give her some time to realize that she can have some freedom and doesn't have to Play The Part all the time. It took Edge a little bit to loosen up and understand the rhythm of AEW, too, and he turned out great. She's a fantastic wrestler and has rockstar charisma, and while she's never been the best talker I definitely think there's a large part that's held back by the WWE-isms she never really got a chance to shed before her injury. I have a lot of empathy for her because it can be so difficult breaking through that barrier if you've only known one style through your professional career, and especially if you come from a place where if you put one toe out of line you're severely punished (as she was!). Once she understands the more organic nature of AEW I have no doubt she'll adapt.

This is where I’m at right now and I’m glad we have the cope example since she does seem inorganic on the mic right now, but let’s let her feel it out

also I’m amused that skye isn’t actually a part of the House, but just Julia’s goth friend/ally

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Pikavangelist posted:

This was requested by someone I was watching Dynamite with last night, thought you folks might get some use out of it too.

https://i.imgur.com/FG7r4FK.mp4

Lol thank you. I didn't request it but I was thinking about requesting it!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I liked how they kayfabed Mercedes's injury into a near career ending thing that Willow caused when she actually just slipped off a turnbuckle and landed funny.

Fun show! I wonder if Okada is on Rampage or if he just showed up to drive a car and look at a TV? Living that US wrestling dream!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

that media deal is gonna disappoint a lot of folks on twitter lol

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1773183469528526968

Jon Moxley, climbing the ranks while out on holiday

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

That's why Mox on commentary was so great

https://i.imgur.com/uWzUMHb.mp4

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Please let Bang Bang Gang squash the Acclaimed and then Daddy rear end and Max Caster gently caress off forever :pray:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Matthew taking the "new sleazy beard each week" bit to the next level by shaving between appearances :allears:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

100% this. Especially after this week it felt like she was catching herself out of character. I'm hoping when she breaks the current "I'm supposed to do X when Y" she absolutely knocks it out of the park.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Osprey looks so happy when he comes out of the tunnel every time

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

magiccarpet posted:

Osprey looks so happy when he comes out of the tunnel every time

I would be really happy if I had his music when I arrived to work.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kennel posted:

:hmmyes:

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Pikavangelist posted:

This was requested by someone I was watching Dynamite with last night, thought you folks might get some use out of it too.

Why is Okada hanging out in the Death Star?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Kennel posted:

I work from home so I'm doing this today

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

But seriously that show loving rocked I love the AEW so much!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

LOOK AT OKADA ON THAT RANKINGS IMAGE

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Bucks losing to Sting but still claiming they retired him makes it SO much better than if they would've won.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mone just enjoying the poo poo out of the four-way was great.

Shard posted:

That's why Mox on commentary was so great

https://i.imgur.com/uWzUMHb.mp4

Mox taking the mic off to yell obscenities he was so pumped up, only for the other commentators to say,"You know we still picked that up on the air" absolutely cracked me up :)

Pikavangelist posted:

Loved this but also his little fistpump when Matthew and Nicholas won. I have to admit I was almost hoping they'd lose so we could get a moment where we see him looking disappointed, or a bit backstage where he just offhand mentions to them,"I don't want losers on my team" to see their reaction :allears:

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Captain Foo posted:

also I’m amused that skye isn’t actually a part of the House, but just Julia’s goth friend/ally

She's the Kimmy Gibbler of the House of Black

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

LOOK AT OKADA ON THAT RANKINGS IMAGE

God it looks so good seeing those four next to each other. What a cool time for AEW, what a great roster.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Bichoff has responded. The posting wars have begun.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Goblin Queen posted:

She's the Kimmy Gibbler of the House of Black

Full House always wins

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Imagine showing that champions lineup to a 2020 aew fan

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Captain Foo posted:

Imagine showing that champions lineup to a 2020 aew fan

lol pretty nuts. Thinking about that goon's chair from the first AEW show prominently featuring like Chris Daniels and Brandi Rhodes compared to this.

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

Pikavangelist posted:

https://i.imgur.com/iloraYD.mp4

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

tao of lmao posted:

Bichoff has responded. The posting wars have begun.

his thing about Tony using Daddy's money trolls me so hard considering how much Eric has talked about taking Ted for every dime he could. I get too worked up by liars lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

AEW get out of there quick!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:hmmyes:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

explosivo posted:

lol pretty nuts. Thinking about that goon's chair from the first AEW show prominently featuring like Chris Daniels and Brandi Rhodes compared to this.

I miss her :(

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

im glad there's a new thread so i don't have to read "metalingus" all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat This Glob posted:

im glad there's a new thread so i don't have to read "metalingus" all the time

mods, you know what to do