Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
OSPREAY VS SHIBATA 18 26.09%
BUCKS VS PP 2 2.90%
WOMENS FOUR WAY 5 7.25%
BEST FRIENDS VS KINGDOM 2 2.90%
SWERVE VS TAKESHITA 42 60.87%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Only downside to Dynamite was that we now know the next two PPVs have been incorrectly placed on a Sunday :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4lS_ryUCc8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Only downside to Dynamite was that we now know the next two PPVs have been incorrectly placed on a Sunday :mad:

I got worse news for you. Bloodborne still isn't on PC

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shard posted:

I got worse news for you. Bloodborne still isn't on PC

https://i.imgur.com/44AK4Jx.mp4

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Shard posted:

mods, you know what to do

Change Shard to metalingus, got it.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Jerusalem posted:

At least one is on Memorial Day so some people (Me, specifically) have off Monday.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
“Hey Darby, before you go, I lost the letters SKATE around the warehouse…”

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

RandolphCarter posted:

Change Shard to metalingus, got it.

Shardalingus

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

enigmahfc posted:

At least one is on Memorial Day so some people (Me, specifically) have off Monday.

But that doesn't help me, Jerusalem! :negative:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I would just pencil in taking mondays off after every pape.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Captain Foo posted:

Imagine showing that champions lineup to a 2020 aew fan

It's funny because if you told someone pre-AEW that a new promotion was gonna start up and by 2024 their champs would include Joe (45), Roddy (40), Edge (50) and Billy Gunn (60), you would either think "Christ, the new generation of wrestlers must stink" or "Another promotion that is exclusive pushing corpses and has no idea how to handle young talent, great"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If you hate Sunday shows you better support CMLL tomorrow, a Friday show at a perfect time for everyone, 10:30 PM!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4057331

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

xbilkis posted:

It's funny because if you told someone pre-AEW that a new promotion was gonna start up and by 2024 their champs would include Joe (45), Roddy (40), Edge (50) and Billy Gunn (60), you would either think "Christ, the new generation of wrestlers must stink" or "Another promotion that is exclusive pushing corpses and has no idea how to handle young talent, great"

the most remarkable thing AEW has done is use older wrestlers better than any other promotion before it. Just compare it to the WCW main event scene in the late 90s.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

xbilkis posted:

I would think "gently caress this sounds awesome. Wait, Edge? I guess that could be good too."

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Shard posted:

the most remarkable thing AEW has done is use older wrestlers better than any other promotion before it. Just compare it to the WCW main event scene in the late 90s.

It helps that the specific older wrestlers AEW has aren't lazy as poo poo.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

So what you're saying is on Saturdays, Jerusalem will come?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Let's break it down logically:

Benefits of Saturday PPVS:

- Great.
- Works great in any time zone.
- Everybody shakes hands and nods in silent appreciation.

Benefits of Sunday PPVs:

- None.
- Not a single one.

The math doesn't lie, folks.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Benefits of Saturday PPVs: Can stay up later to watch the whole scrum.

Benefits of Sunday PPVs: Not on a day of the week when I want to go out, and mean we get a normal Collision.

Solution: Put Sunday PPVs on holiday weekends so I can watch the whole scrum!

Thanks Tony!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Can stay up later to watch the whole scrum.

I mean, this basically should be the start and finish of the conversation and result in Saturday being locked in as the PPV day for all time :hai:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
My job closes at 7pm on Sundays, so even if i'm scheduled to close at worst I lose a few minutes of one of the zero-hour matches. Sunday papes are alright.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I working 3-10 Sundays, so Sunday PPVs ruin my life. I do like calling in tho.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Go home Collisions are never good. Replace em with the PPV.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

My selfish case for Sundays:
- I have less things scheduled for Sunday nights so I don't have to cancel plans to watch the Pape
- The PPVs end around 11 pm for me (Central Time Best Time)
- At least two of them are weekends where I have Monday off, three if Forbidden Door is Pride Weekend like the last two years

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Thursday oovs. ppvs

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

- I have less things scheduled for Sunday nights so I don't have to cancel plans to watch the Pape
- At least two of them are weekends where I have Monday off, three if Forbidden Door is Pride Weekend like the last two years

When I remembered how expensive Toronto was because of Pride weekend I was thinking what a nightmare NYC would be... then I remembered I don't have to get a hotel for New York and that traffic in New York cannot get worse so it's fine.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Sunday PPVs are great because I'm all groggy and useless for work the next day and they don't deserve my best

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

i work Saturdays and dont get home till at least an hour after the ppv starts. Saturday ppvs are a weapon against me and i will not stand for them

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
PPV's don't expire. You can watch them whenever you want.
and because of that i demand Tuesday PPV's

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

enigmahfc posted:

i strongly disagree with you!!!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Nah, let them cook.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

enigmahfc posted:

tuesday is grocery night

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That last bump in Swerve/Takeshita was hideous holy poo poo I thought he was gonna get spiked

Jeroen
Jun 2, 2004
I have been accused of a stalker!
Papes usually run from 2 AM til 6 AM over here, and since I start working at 8 AM on mondays I usually decide to stay awake. It's...not recommended, but I get back in the groove after a few days.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Butcher getting random jobs against Swerve and promo time meets with my approval, hope it's a trajectory that continues for a bit but it also has me worried about Blade.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1773452092562411782?s=20

big, massive, ratings dumps

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
number bad

https://twitter.com/wrestlenomics/status/1773451724189016401

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

*Eric Bischoff lights cigar and laughs*

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Same rank as last week even with lower number.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

blunt posted:

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1773183469528526968

Jon Moxley, climbing the ranks while out on holiday

i like the rankings tony but you really should make it like, the top 10 or something and make it a bit clearer who gets a shot at what title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

when RAW goes to Netflix, is anyone even going to give a poo poo about TV ratings? i'd like to know the streaming numbers for AEW internationally each week cause that seems to be way more important