Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
OSPREAY VS SHIBATA 18 26.09%
BUCKS VS PP 2 2.90%
WOMENS FOUR WAY 5 7.25%
BEST FRIENDS VS KINGDOM 2 2.90%
SWERVE VS TAKESHITA 42 60.87%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Rhonne posted:

Clean shaven Rhino looks so weird.

he looks like if crash holly really WAS a 300 pound superheavyweight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

graph posted:

highly recommend watching harley cameron's hey eww episode this week

She is insanely talented and naturally funny. One of the best guests, she totally matched RJ's weirdo energy and actually out-weirded him multiple times.

Yeah she's also a ventriloquist but nobody's perfect.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

A Fancy Hat posted:

She is insanely talented and naturally funny. One of the best guests, she totally matched RJ's weirdo energy and actually out-weirded him multiple times.

Yeah she's also a ventriloquist but nobody's perfect.

an austrailian knoife-wielding singing ventriloquist is a pretty unique gimmick, ill say

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Eat This Glob posted:

an austrailian knoife-wielding singing ventriloquist is a pretty unique gimmick, ill say

Jay White in the alternate timeline where he went to NXT

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

DeathChicken posted:

Jay White in the alternate timeline where he went to NXT

better to be booked by HBK than to have to wrestle Mr. rear end

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Did I miss a beat of the Jericho/Hook thing? Last thing I remember was Hook accepting Jericho as a mentor, but now Jericho is calling him out?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Did I miss a beat of the Jericho/Hook thing? Last thing I remember was Hook accepting Jericho as a mentor, but now Jericho is calling him out?

You did not miss anything. The inner workings of Chris Jericho's mind are an enigma.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Another lazy Tony story

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

projecthalaxy posted:

You did not miss anything. The inner workings of Chris Jericho's mind are an enigma.

I think it’s mostly vodka and CTE

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Forget it, Jake. It’s Jericho.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I went and watched back their last segment thinking it had ended with Hook not quite committing to the partnership, but no, he already seems pretty down with the whole thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByZtO62zK1s&t=75s

so whatever, if we get lucky they'll speedrun Jericho turning on him and get that out of the way tonight

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
there was a moment when jericho was getting his feet on commentary and really felt like he was sliding into a new post-in ring career, and nope he's out here having really bad vanity matches and leeching heat from hook, who is starting to enter "aimless" territory with all the half assed brief pairings. jericho is like, my all time dude but this recent run sucks hard

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

While the word choice is odd, I don’t think we have seen anything to imply the callout is with negative intentions

I think Jericho is trying to say that as manager, he is announcing his new protege and calling him to the ring to do something

I also think that yes this is very poorly named and laid out

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
He’s probably the sort who’ll never actually retire, but Hook v Jericho title v career at the pape is starting to look like a good idea.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I think Jericho is still very good in the ring. He puts over young guys great and then Tony just fumbles the follow-up every time.

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

loved those dynamite frogs

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

little bit tired of jericho matches. maybe it's on me. i have no problem with that. i enjoyed the old fellow for his entire second life starting in 2018 up to roughly now. tremendous output. but now it's time for aew to beget a new second life...

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Cavauro posted:

little bit tired of jericho matches. maybe it's on me. i have no problem with that. i enjoyed the old fellow for his entire second life starting in 2018 up to roughly now. tremendous output. but now it's time for aew to beget a new second life...

:hai: :hai: :hai:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

shiksa posted:

there was a moment when jericho was getting his feet on commentary and really felt like he was sliding into a new post-in ring career, and nope he's out here having really bad vanity matches and leeching heat from hook, who is starting to enter "aimless" territory with all the half assed brief pairings. jericho is like, my all time dude but this recent run sucks hard

Not trying to dump on him, but Hook was aimless well before Jericho got involved. I won't put that particular issue on him.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

Let’s hope all the needless releases from this week lead to the hottest free agent in wrestling signing with this ailing Fed

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Jericho matches are more Jericho keeping up vs Jericho putting people over

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I enjoyed both the LionHOOK tag match and Hook whooping Jericho's rear end. Eager to see where this goes next.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cavauro posted:

i’m ready for bangers

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I don’t think Jericho is washed. He’s Def lost a step but he can still always pull out an enjoyable match. I think his current gimmick and shtick is just played out. Especially for a guy who’s always been able to reinvent himself. I think he really just needs a nice extended break.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's calling him out to give him guidance in the ring

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

https://x.com/AEW/status/1775575246373896262?s=20

1. Hell yeah

2. Feels notable that Tony isn't posting these

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

If this leads to BCC vs Murderhawk Righteous, I will giggle quietly

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

projecthalaxy posted:

If this leads to BCC vs Murderhawk Righteous, I will giggle quietly

It was the main on Saturday with Shibata filling in for Mox/Wheeler.

Can’t wait for Wheeler to come back and be a little pissbaby about Danielson palling around with Shibata.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I love Tony so much.

https://x.com/drainbamager/status/1775566470912843979?s=46

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Jackie D posted:

1. Hell yeah

Amusing myself with the idea that the lawyers made Tony uninstall Twitter so he doesn't say anything about the Punk podcast so he's just texting whoever runs the AEW page with his preferred verbiage for match announcements

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

lol first comment

https://twitter.com/AstroCyborg/status/1775567489260286276

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Card was loving dire until Danielson vs Archer. Danielson vs Big Guys rules, I loved that series he had with Cass where he washed him three times and tapped him twice.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

It was the main on Saturday with Shibata filling in for Mox/Wheeler.

Can’t wait for Wheeler to come back and be a little pissbaby about Danielson palling around with Shibata.

Oh right. I even watched that, lol

Dummy moment

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Amusing myself with the idea that the lawyers made Tony uninstall Twitter so he doesn't say anything about the Punk podcast so he's just texting whoever runs the AEW page with his preferred verbiage for match announcements

you're probably exactly right haha

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Jackie D posted:

Tony was fired along with Dasha and Slim J.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jackie D posted:

1. Hell yeah

Sick. Love both these dudes.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I really want Lance to win. :unsmigghh: but I know he probably won't :smith:

Lance doing his old entrance thing of dragging someone out already beating him up to his music would be legit awesome.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

He's barely been tweeting since Team CMLL crushed his losers. He might just close the company down.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

He might just close the company down.

:pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
What good is a billionaire who doesn't tweet unhinged rants?