Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
OSPREAY VS SHIBATA 18 26.09%
BUCKS VS PP 2 2.90%
WOMENS FOUR WAY 5 7.25%
BEST FRIENDS VS KINGDOM 2 2.90%
SWERVE VS TAKESHITA 42 60.87%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Waffleopolis posted:

Reposting this from last thread since it is semi-important!

AEW DYNASTY WILL BE WATCHABLE ON YOUTUBE AND TRILLER (FORMERLY FITE) IN THE US!

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1773080229105307717

https://twitter.com/FiteTV/status/1773073202475901008

Please let this be a permanent option because I loving hate the BR Live Roku App.

im hoping they offer ppvs in movie theaters again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

AEW needs better story writing to get better ratings and no I do not mean like WWE. I mean like AEW when Cody feuded with MJF, Brodie, and Dustin. When Kenny had the belt, when Moxley was chasing the belt, those were all compelling TV. Good to great matches only draw so much.

I think they should give Ospreay a vicious, giant heel challenger so he can convey that babyface fire he has right now in a way the audience will have to tune in. The Bucks need to be more hateable and not just versions of themselves that idiot twitter marks think they are, that’s getting heat with people who don’t watch. Have them fire someone beloved for bullshit reasons or something.

I love Swerve but he’s missing something too and it’s not his promos or his ring work, his story still feels like wrestling to wrestle and not much else, despite their attempts to add to his chase.

I really wish right now Danielson was a monster heel champion on top because that’d solve a lot of things, he takes too many loving losses in title matches it’s a waste of him, if he wants to lose tell him no, he’s the best wrestler alive and a great heel, make him cook.

danielson is deliberately winding down and trying to get out, the last thing he probably wants is a demanding title run. i disagree with the swerve thing entirely, his goals and journey have been very clearly communicated by him and the company, he's been on this world championship chase for 6+ months now still trying to get a clean 1 on 1 shot with the champ. the only thing i think you could have done to really add some spice to it and extend it longer is probably have had Hanger win it and have him be the one to drop it to swerve but that would only take away from Joe's reign.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

Sign Acey Romero.

Strap him up (If physically possible).

Have him squash and then eat every babyface like that elisode of power rangers where the frog eats all the rangers except the coward blue one who no one ever wanted to pretend to be when playing power rangers. this ranger can be played by a nerd bastard like page, cole, danhausen, uno.

Acey eats them too.

Ends in a battle royale taking place inside Acey Romero where you gotta throw your opponent out of his rear end until one is left standing and does a taunt so hard it explodes Acey.

Dynamite draws 5-9 billion viewers, some of which seem to be coming from off world.

Knowledge of other marks on other worlds unite earth and we have 1000 years of peace.

he was in the battle royal at All In.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Survivor 4.72mil viewers and a 7.0 demo hit. AEW was still ranked 3 for cable which is very strong, behind 2 nba games as nba nears the playoffs, but they are head to head against a killer on network tv thats slicing into all cable demo numbers.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

shiksa posted:

isn't there March madness stuff basically every day too? brutal time to get eyes on yr TV show

Thursdays thru sundays

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Also remember that H2L is tonight! Press conference is going on right now.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1773775079240856057

will it be on demand

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

My Lovely Horse posted:

People tell me these three are among the best wrestlers on the planet and Tony's keeping me from seeing one of them wrestle

well, two of them are.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

drat, im gonna be swamped tonight with baseball and march madness, was hoping to watch when I get home.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

So be a fan legend and watch on on demand! Be a fan cheapskate and wait!

Also the main event probably won't start until well after midnight.

oh if its on demand then i'll grab it tonight, hell yeah

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

apophenium posted:

That's not even a difficult Mario Maker level lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

aew scores streaming deal with telavisa's streaming platform ViX. probably speaks pretty well to the cmll partnership with that being cmll's tv partner.

short version of the press release: all archives of Dark and Dark Elevation, Dynamite, Rampage, Collision, and old PPVs are available on demand on the app. all ppvs will be added to On Demand 30 days after airing.

https://www.allelitewrestling.com/post/all-elite-wrestling-and-vix-sign-deal-to-stream-aew-in-latin-america-and-the-caribbean

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Apr 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lurks With Wolves posted:

It's been said before, but imagine telling someone in 2019 that all of these wrestlers would be relevant to AEW in five years.

i would have believed it instantly.