Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
OSPREAY VS SHIBATA 18 26.09%
BUCKS VS PP 2 2.90%
WOMENS FOUR WAY 5 7.25%
BEST FRIENDS VS KINGDOM 2 2.90%
SWERVE VS TAKESHITA 42 60.87%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Waffleopolis posted:

Please let this be a permanent option because I loving hate the BR Live Roku App.

gently caress yes that would be amazing. You absolutely cannot watch replays on the roku app because rewind and fast forward are terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

There were parts of that match where Mercedes stopped trying to play cool and just started marking out for all the sick spots and I hope she realizes that she can and should do that more because it added to a fun, fun match. I loved how it really shifted to another gear, and Skye Blue's been improving so much since her dark turn. She and Julia are SUCH a fun duo.

It gave me hope she will stop playing a character and thus feeling so fake. Her genuine reactions were fun!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

For sure. I'm more than willing to give her some time to realize that she can have some freedom and doesn't have to Play The Part all the time. It took Edge a little bit to loosen up and understand the rhythm of AEW, too, and he turned out great. She's a fantastic wrestler and has rockstar charisma, and while she's never been the best talker I definitely think there's a large part that's held back by the WWE-isms she never really got a chance to shed before her injury. I have a lot of empathy for her because it can be so difficult breaking through that barrier if you've only known one style through your professional career, and especially if you come from a place where if you put one toe out of line you're severely punished (as she was!). Once she understands the more organic nature of AEW I have no doubt she'll adapt.

100% this. Especially after this week it felt like she was catching herself out of character. I'm hoping when she breaks the current "I'm supposed to do X when Y" she absolutely knocks it out of the park.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Kennel posted:

I would be really happy if I had his music when I arrived to work.

I work from home so I'm doing this today

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Bucks losing to Sting but still claiming they retired him makes it SO much better than if they would've won.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

mooseinfants posted:

AEW just needs one red hot program imo. They have a bunch of warm ones but nothing that feels like absolutely can't miss week to week.

Yeah. Part of that being them not having many true heels

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Senerio posted:

Chugs being awful at games is a solid 45% of why the DaParty uno was the best weekly wrestling show going for most of 2020.

I say weekly because ChocoPro ran way more often than weekly for most of 2020.

It's like playing Uno with an eight-year-old lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Catching up on Collision and lol Cardonyer has such bad Palumboism going on

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

Unless they built it up with video packages about the Edgeheads for a few weeks, I don’t necessarily think WWE fans would have gone bonkers for Copeland/Cardona unless it was at a Mania or something where the nerdiest of fans show up.

AEW fans just seem to be more general fans of wrestling and its history so when a fun little match like this pops up out of nowhere, it’s easy to be excited and happy for it even if you’re not the biggest Cardona fan or anything. It was just a real sweet moment and turned out to be a good match.

It's amazing how well a more WWE style works with a freaking hot crowd.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bard Maddox posted:

I watched CM Punk’s UFC fights, choking somebody a little bit is all he’s physically capable of doing in a a real fight

Umm he never even got close enough to choke anybody in a real fight :eng101:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Holy gently caress. AEW doing it's first round of releases on April Fool's Day??

And here I thought all of the new posts since this afternoon were more dunking on Punk :(

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Shard posted:

This is the part that annoys me. What's the point of a contact if you can just be let out of it

There's likely some kind of severance/early termination fee that's being paid as part of the contract. Still cheaper than setting it out in full.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ringo Roadagain posted:

bully sort of looking like alex jones here. just as red.

Been drinking a lot of bone broth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Hopefully the feeling is back for me this week. Despite the awesome matches, the last couple of Dynamites have been a bit meh for me.