Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
OSPREAY VS SHIBATA 18 26.09%
BUCKS VS PP 2 2.90%
WOMENS FOUR WAY 5 7.25%
BEST FRIENDS VS KINGDOM 2 2.90%
SWERVE VS TAKESHITA 42 60.87%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tweeting this at 4am is apocalyptic levels of hater here, Tony absolutely has a huge deal locked up to dump on Bischoff like this lol.

Lamuella posted:

Konosuke Takeshita is such a solid gold superstar. Like, we're in an absolute golden age of amazing guys having amazing matches and still every time he appears on screen I'm looking only at him.

If he was in NJPW he’d probably be winning belts right now, once in a lifetime talent. I’m holding out hope he gets a belt this year. Aside from women’s staple Shida and Okada obviously winning a title immediately, AEW hasn’t often let non-English speakers hold singles titles—I really hope Soup or RUSH breaks that trend with a lengthy run of some kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Meltzer sayin Kenny will need surgery pretty much confirms he will not need surgery.

I will say having Mercedes just do nothing since debuting has been a bad choice, her promos are not great and she’s just been sitting there. I almost wonder if she’s not cleared fully and is biding time because otherwise there’s no reason to not have her wrestle like Red Velvet

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Callis Family is literally a faction of awesome future stars who badly need to be rebranded as the USA wing of United Empire, they all fit into the schema of it anyway so just get Callis to gently caress off and make Ospreay the leader. Hobbs career has unfortunately been a story of being shuttled from faction to faction but being the right hand man for Ospreay would probably be the most beneficial pairing in his career.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Wasn’t originally gonna watch Supercard but it feels like it’ll be a really important show in the grand scheme of ROH and AEW. A big showcase for Stardom finally arriving, Eddie likely losing to Mark, Lee Johnson maybe finally getting to show out with a really talented Fletcher, hearing YUTA may finally return to defend the sorely missed PURE belt, Queen Aminata ascending after months of doing awesome poo poo, and what’s likely Athena’s last stand before moving up to the AEW shows. Not a single skip on that lineup imo, just missing ROH tag titles on there.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

graph posted:

fletcher/komander at the last roh pape was loving awesome

Fletch is surprisingly awesome even without Mark Davis, I think he’s a great dance partner for Lee Johnson who has been one of the rookies from the early days of AEW who hasn’t managed to really click yet. Last thing he did that remember being impressive was the match with Ben Carter on Dark years back.

Lee Moriarity is another guy I’d like to see get more reps, since YUTA and Garcia sort of came up with him to AEW at the same time but he fell further behind. Being saddled with the worst of the factions of the three (the dead on arrival Firm) didn’t help either while the others worked in JAS or BCC.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

all of this basically reinforces how everyone saw him as an rear end in a top hat they had to tiptoe around, idk how he thought admitting this helps him in any way.

whole interview is basically tldr this man is under lock and key to WWE and he will be a good toy soldier because this is his last bridge unburnt and he needs the money badly for his dumbass real estate venture

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

explosivo posted:

Even Ariel seemed to be having trouble believing him when he said from the start nobody in AEW actually wanted him there. I'm sure there were suspicions - valid suspicions from people in the locker room who knew him well enough, but it's wild to see him earnestly say that everybody there was an rear end in a top hat but him.

The Young Bucks openly told people in early interviews they wanted him! It absolutely is complete bullshit lol.

the one thing Punk is correct on is that Tony is more of a friend and not a boss because the dude just let an insane ranting man poo poo all over his best employees. He could have stopped it any time. If he doesn't want to be the bad cop then hire someone who will keep carnies in line.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

GenghisTron posted:

Even going into it with an open mind he comes across as someone who was mad he didn't get his own way and sulked.

he was handed the world title from the two most protected men + worked with the most over heel/future world champ with further plans for them both in the company and still cried. he had his own loving SHOW. He was handed all this and still found ways to be inconsolably pissy. It's loving amazing. Nobody to this day in AEW HISTORY was given this much on a silver platter.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dimebags Brain posted:

Completely destroyed a man mentally with a single sentence.

endlessly amused how it was Hangman's poo poo, and not Eddie's, that wound him up

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tony not responding or offering any take on this would be infinitely better.

"I feel bad for you, you'll never sell tickets"
"I don't think about you at all"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

xbilkis posted:

I think an underrated detail of the interview is Punk claiming he nixed the glass spot out of respect to Rental Car Companies

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1774872815805534283

this man is so loving funny. Punk getting worked by the loving Michelin Man.

Like 80% of this interview has made him look dumb and immature, it's really amazing

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CombineThresher posted:

All Hangman and Perry did was respond somewhat in kind to a blowhard rear end in a top hat coworker who does nothing but complain. Tony should have fired that piece of poo poo after Brawl Out.

the only real thing Punk has said is that Tony is a buddy and not a boss, dude should have told Phil to shut the gently caress up like not even halfway into the scrum. At this rate they're going to be relying on Jonathan Moxley and Bryan Danielson to be Bad Cop/Good Cop for the company further down the line because Tony lets guys get away with murder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Shard posted:

If you ride with me, if you think Hangman did nothing wrong give me a yeehaw

hangman did nothing wrong, dude erased himself from the entire dramabomb, which is ideally what you'd want from your employees in the middle of that mess. never has mentioned it again but punk is eternally loving steamed at him