Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
OSPREAY VS SHIBATA 18 26.09%
BUCKS VS PP 2 2.90%
WOMENS FOUR WAY 5 7.25%
BEST FRIENDS VS KINGDOM 2 2.90%
SWERVE VS TAKESHITA 42 60.87%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

blunt posted:

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1773183469528526968

Jon Moxley, climbing the ranks while out on holiday

i like the rankings tony but you really should make it like, the top 10 or something and make it a bit clearer who gets a shot at what title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

when RAW goes to Netflix, is anyone even going to give a poo poo about TV ratings? i'd like to know the streaming numbers for AEW internationally each week cause that seems to be way more important

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the international AEW streaming numbers are definitely not as important because the bulk of their revenue currently comes from their WBD US TV deal

but again, with RAW going to Netflix surely they're going to get a HBO Max deal to compete with that. TV is dying pretty much universally and it seems ridiculous to think AEW needs to grow to multi-millions in its TV audience (especially considering even WWE at its hottest in years isn't pulling in nearly the amount they did in the 2010s alone). the number growing isn't so much important as a core stable rating every week which its been consistently at for years. i don't get the doom and gloom about it at all

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

Yeah I just wanna see the apparently super good wrestler wrestle

plus it kinda highlights how the women's division doesn't have the same breathing room as the men's again. When an Okada or a Danielson come in it's easy to have 1 in 4 matches be the Okada or Danielson match for a few weeks but every match Mercedes gets is a slot where no one else wrestles. (Other than her opponent.)

AEW can't win cause if Mercedes wrestled straight away Dave would be saying they should have waited for a big PPV and promoted it

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

come on tony don't let us down give us a killer response

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

i can't wait until Punk starts saying Metallica offered him to be the new bassist for the band but he couldn't because he was too traumautised from choking Jack Perry

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

a dumb moron posted:

Also regarding Punk telling Tony to take care of Hangman because he won’t like it if he has to:

Tony absolutely should have handled the friction between the Elite and Punk better. It was a massive fumbling on his part. But even if Tony took care of it perfectly, Punk has proven time and time again that he’s the type of person that holds grudges forever. What could Tony have possibly done to make Punk happy?

probably nothing short of a full WCW-Hogan style stranglehold on the company to its detriment

he still would have quit

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

also the only reason hes saying this is because he definitely wanted to dock the pay of all the wrestlers he didn't like so they'd do whatever he wanted

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

i told him that photo would come back to haunt him

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

April 1st, 2024 is a day I will always remember. It was the day I became cynical, bitter, and distraught. You may call it an overreaction for me to feel this way simply because of the business practices of a wrestling company, but let me explain what all of this means to me.

My life was thrown off balance and I never regained my footing after that day, because I lost my ability to respect. An essential part of being human is to feel respect for those who may or may not be deserving of it. But it is equally human to feel painful disillusionment when someone or something you respected turns out to be much less than you thought. But the level of betrayal I felt when Tony Khan announced The Boys had been released tore something from me that I'll never be able to recover. They tore away my ability to respect anything, and they tore away my ability to feel human.

AEW was a company I respected, and their employees were people I looked up to. Jora Johl, Stu Grayson, Jose the Assistant, and The Boys were all quality wrestlers that combined fun gimmicks with in ring talent. They may have been cartoony and humorous at times, but deep down they were always realistic and wrestled with a level of detail and skill that won appreciation from fans all across the internet. Supercard of Honor would be their latest PPV, and the internet was in unanimous agreement that it would be of unparallelled quality. Following it's long awaited broadcast, AEW began scheduling quality matches that raised the bar ever higher for wrestling.

Then The Boys were released. This was not just an announcement of cuts, it was announcement of AEW's suicide. It was a business move intended to completely disregard any fan loyalty, and instead shock the entire world with its lunacy. AEW had gone off the deep end and raised the middle finger to everybody who stayed loyal to them. They had announced that they didn't care anymore, that they didn't care for their community, and they were going to go out of their way to sabotage everything they had spent years creating.

The pain I felt from this betrayal has destroyed me on an emotional level, and has deprived me of my primary source of entertainment. No longer can I watch wrestling without remembering the day I ceased mattering to people I devoted myself to. AEW had not just destroyed me or their company, they had destroyed the one force of stability in the world: Trust.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

im sick of these kind of characters. i think one of us should kill hitler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

randy orton is so loving boring in-ring and the epitome of who kenny omega shouldn't listen to. why do these fed hacks love the guy so much?