Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
OSPREAY VS SHIBATA 18 26.09%
BUCKS VS PP 2 2.90%
WOMENS FOUR WAY 5 7.25%
BEST FRIENDS VS KINGDOM 2 2.90%
SWERVE VS TAKESHITA 42 60.87%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

AEW Discussion for 3/27: Free Show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

lotta questions about the status of my drink that were previously answered by my declaration that it's "not piss"

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

that media deal is gonna disappoint a lot of folks on twitter lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

There were parts of that match where Mercedes stopped trying to play cool and just started marking out for all the sick spots and I hope she realizes that she can and should do that more because it added to a fun, fun match. I loved how it really shifted to another gear, and Skye Blue's been improving so much since her dark turn. She and Julia are SUCH a fun duo.

That's why Mox on commentary was so great

https://i.imgur.com/uWzUMHb.mp4

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

tao of lmao posted:

Bichoff has responded. The posting wars have begun.

his thing about Tony using Daddy's money trolls me so hard considering how much Eric has talked about taking Ted for every dime he could. I get too worked up by liars lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

AEW get out of there quick!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat This Glob posted:

im glad there's a new thread so i don't have to read "metalingus" all the time

mods, you know what to do

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Only downside to Dynamite was that we now know the next two PPVs have been incorrectly placed on a Sunday :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4lS_ryUCc8

I got worse news for you. Bloodborne still isn't on PC

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

RandolphCarter posted:

Change Shard to metalingus, got it.

Shardalingus

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

But that doesn't help me, Jerusalem! :negative:

I would just pencil in taking mondays off after every pape.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

xbilkis posted:

It's funny because if you told someone pre-AEW that a new promotion was gonna start up and by 2024 their champs would include Joe (45), Roddy (40), Edge (50) and Billy Gunn (60), you would either think "Christ, the new generation of wrestlers must stink" or "Another promotion that is exclusive pushing corpses and has no idea how to handle young talent, great"

the most remarkable thing AEW has done is use older wrestlers better than any other promotion before it. Just compare it to the WCW main event scene in the late 90s.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

enigmahfc posted:

PPV's don't expire. You can watch them whenever you want.
and because of that i demand Tuesday PPV's

i strongly disagree with you!!!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

apparently most of America does not want really good wrestling. I am once again disappointed in this country

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm ready for the bald mox era. It's like when angle shaved.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I honestly don't think anything would hotfix ratings right now. That's not really how ratings work. poo poo takes a while before it actually ebbs and flows. I personally love aew right now and don't want it to change

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

faantastic posted:

Thinking of going to my first aew show next Wednesday, is it best to wait til last minute for tickets if I dont care too much where I sit?

yes. Unless it's a particularly high selling show, most do a lot of walk up business.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

But not as bad as your posts!!!! :boomshaka:

Kill him erin

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Will vs. Will is going to loving rock, thank you Tony

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

diverticulitis is one of those fun things the human body can get where it can just pop up out of nowhere and kill you

Nature is beautiful like that

It's never a fun surprise like oh wow for some reason your body has developed I'm such a way to make you faster and stronger

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Still thinking about Julie winning the street fight and sky Blue laughing in the wreckage of the table in willows face

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dragonshirt posted:

Callis Family needs to turn on Ospreay this week. Ospreay is full of Babyface fire right now, which may be they didn't anticipate?, and him being with Callis but also wrestling Callis guys makes no sense.

Callis has said this is iron sharpening iron. But you just know he's planning on turning on Will. But I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of his group decides to side with Will instead.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

#goals

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Once again a long term fed wrestler learns in real time that WWE was gaslighting them for decades.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

in spite of that haircut

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gonna use this on Wednesday

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

aint watching that grump old man

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

maruhkati posted:

https://twitter.com/JonAlba/status/1774875295826235781

Dude literally brought up Colt before anyone asked.

He even had a pre-planned response for what he thought the reporter was going to say, and stumbled when he had to change it up.

dude acting like we can't bring up footage and check

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Joey McChrist posted:

hangman adam page vindicated once again you love to see it

yee, and I can't stress this enough, haw

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Miching Mallecho posted:

He had people banned from coming into arenas

He was given Hogan levels of control and still wasn't happy.

Like.. :psyduck:

Anyone else would just not start fights and be an adult and cruise to millions. Not Phil "I was a ufc fighter,once" Brooks

It's real easy to feel right when you just lie.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dimebags Brain posted:

Completely destroyed a man mentally with a single sentence.

it's like how Lex beat Superman in Red Son

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

If you ride with me, if you think Hangman did nothing wrong give me a yeehaw

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Raeg posted:

It's okay to choke a work colleague to protect car rentals, it's perfectly legal.

A+ Post/AV combo

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This loving sucks. Yuck corporate bullshit

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gorgolflox posted:

This is some WWE rear end poo poo

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Long-Time Lurker posted:

For real? This is the most baffling release so far.

Never trust jungle boy or qop posts when it comes to news. Always trust them when it comes to hot takes

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm just pissed at releases in general. Unless I'm misunderstanding why couldn't they ride the contract out and then just not pick them back up?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

fez_machine posted:

A lethal injection of piss

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

If I'm being honest I thought Gravity was on loan from AAA.

Dasha and the Boys make no sense. I wonder if there's bad news coming down about the tv deal.

If there was I doubt he would have been bragging about it online with bischoff

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Tony is a drat billionaire he can afford to ride out contracts. The only reason people should be released is if they ask for it or they get in trouble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

AEW would be maybe the first business in the history of the United States to do this. UFC cuts people constantly, sports teams cut people constantly, companies fire people constantly. Business sense says fire people and fire lots of people.

I hate business sense