Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

I tried using mlb.tv for a couple months last year but ran into issues when trying to use a VPN. Have they started blocking VPNs? Does anyone have any tips for getting around market blackouts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I use unlocator to get around blackouts, seems to mostly work

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

I tried using mlb.tv for a couple months last year but ran into issues when trying to use a VPN. Have they started blocking VPNs? Does anyone have any tips for getting around market blackouts?

haven’t used a vpn with it in a few years but iirc if you log into mlbtv without a vpn it logs that browsers location and will black you out based on that initial location until you remove the offending cookies

also let’s go brewers

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Captain Log posted:

For my opening day picks, I put singles of dollars on -

- Dodgers -1.5
- Braves
- Royals with Ragans pitching

Strap in, cause I'm going to get each one wrong.

put in a bonus bet on the mets tomorrow

no matter how bad they end up they have a really good record on opening day

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

I just started using NordVPN and mlb dot tv is showing a blank screen every time I go there even if I’m not connected to a VPN server. Have a support ticket open with them and they’ve had me try a few things but no luck yet.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

That's right.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

You're goddamn right!

Ready for these boys to disappoint me, but at least they're going to be competitive this year!

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Here's to yet another year of poo poo posting in the GDT. Go Astros

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/status/1773163567224594544

The Wrigley lighting improvements will continue until alderman morale craters.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dameius posted:

Giving up on the season this early?

Excellent joke, I don't give a flippppppppp

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Anyone can install a smart bulb in a public toilet.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
Go BJs!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
i love you baseball but also i hate you

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I am ready for Luis Arraez to hit .400 this season

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

boo this man

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Poque posted:

:hmmno:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
why are all the games starting at 3 EST or later? give me noon ball!!

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already

Mike_V posted:

why are all the games starting at 3 EST or later? give me noon ball!!

rain

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I wonder what he and Leiberman are talking about in hell right now

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Cubs game starts at 5:35 pm

Illinois game starts at 8:09 pm

Looks like my night is booked

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

Excellent joke, I don't give a flippppppppp

haha enjoy the moment because you'll have the rest of the season to doom post in.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Let's hope the Yankees can get a maximum return on investment for Hal, since that's the only outcome the team seems focused on. Or maybe Soto will hit 147 HR or something cool. I don't know. I watched through the 80s and I'm more depressed about this year than any I can recall.

Basically:

Inspector_666 posted:

i love you baseball but also i hate you

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Let’s go the Rangers

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItYScNYRA5w

Baseball comedies >>>>>> baseball dramas

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
wow, another great season of Cubs baseball ahead, very excited. also good luck to all enjoyers of the Oakland A's (which I am absolutely not and never have been), may your season have some highlights to take the sting away from Fisher being a great owner (per Manfred)

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The Red Sox could be competitive this year, but holy gently caress a lot has to go right for that to happen.

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day
idk the yankees seem like they'll be pretty good, all things considered

b a s e b a l l

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Go Cubs! I hate this roster slightly less than last year!

https://twitter.com/kaczar_soze/status/1773352612433129551?s=46&t=OxNS0oQRTXMDiN4qEfSnlQ

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I can't bring myself to be excited about the Nats between playing awful baseball and their team sale limbo. Keeping an eye on their prospects could be fun. Will Elijah Green complete the Get Your Strikeout Rate Under 40% Challenge? Probably not.

Thank god I straddle them and the O's. Last season felt like playing with house money. Wins were awesome and losses could be written off as player development. Seems a little more serious this year. I don't think Baltimore's record will come close to last year, especially because of the pitching injuries they're carrying into opening day, but I feel good about them making the postseason.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Lumpy posted:

Let's hope the Yankees can get a maximum return on investment for Hal, since that's the only outcome the team seems focused on. Or maybe Soto will hit 147 HR or something cool. I don't know. I watched through the 80s and I'm more depressed about this year than any I can recall.

Basically:

This I don't get...... I don't really see how they could be much worse than they were last year.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Poque posted:

He's going to do it

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

what up base ball fans i'm here in my cool camden yards warehouse office watching opening day let's go the "o"rioles hup hup

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

lfgsd

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

mcmagic posted:

This I don't get...... I don't really see how they could be much worse than they were last year.

I also can’t imagine anything worse than a winning season

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Tyler Glasnow currently leads the Dodgers in IP and I have decided he will also hold that crown at season's end.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

kidcoelacanth posted:

what up base ball fans i'm here in my cool camden yards warehouse office watching opening day let's go the "o"rioles hup hup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

mcmagic posted:

Hey Siri, remind me in 162 games