Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kyle Hendricks is starting his roid cycle to emerge as the Cubs' most fearsome power bat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I like the annual tradition of Jed signing some lovely aging vet that they have to DFA to let good young players play.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
No Pat in the booth tonight?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Niwrad posted:

I like the annual tradition of Jed signing some lovely aging vet that they have to DFA to let good young players play.

At least he didn't sign Coop to a 2-year deal like Barnhardt and Mancini

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Astro bad very sad

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Sab0921 posted:

Astro bad very sad

Is it any coincidence that the night Mervis returns the Cubbies are PUMPED?!

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Sab0921 posted:

Astro bad very sad

I'm only still here to see how low Abreu's avg can go

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

MrMidnight posted:

I'm only still here to see how low Abreu's avg can go

Will he be the first player to have OPS lower than his age? Only time will tell.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Max Fried gets himself a Maddux, 92-pitch shutout.

Yes, it was the Marlins but I think they're still classified as an MLB team.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
It's not likely to last but Elly de la Cruz is crushing the poo poo out of the ball right now and that is both good and fun.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Max Fried gets himself a Maddux, 92-pitch shutout.

Yes, it was the Marlins but I think they're still classified as an MLB team.

The marlins beat the cubs in a game so it count IMO

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Max has three career 9-inning shutouts and they're all madduxes, making him now tied for the current active lead with, as I'm sure we all immediately guessed, Shelby Miller

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Abner Assington posted:

It's not likely to last but Elly de la Cruz is crushing the poo poo out of the ball right now and that is both good and fun.

He looks like the real deal

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Shohei Ohtani obliterated a baseball

https://twitter.com/BlakeHHarris/status/1782946331642015890

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

86 mph hanging something get demolished

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Imagining the ball is Ippei's head

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

After he placed a losing bet....all the home runs make sense now

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cubs won the battle of the glasses pitcher mug shot.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
a day after finally hitting a couple homers to win a game the cardinals lose 14-1. they are poo poo from my rear end

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Has any team gone from “model organization” to “laughingstock” quicker than the Cardinals

It was only two years ago that they were a consistent playoff contender that was always a threat to pull off some bullshit. Now, with almost no major personnel turnover, it seems like no one in the entire franchise has any idea what they’re doing

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

bravesword posted:

Has any team gone from “model organization” to “laughingstock” quicker than the Cardinals

It was only two years ago that they were a consistent playoff contender that was always a threat to pull off some bullshit. Now, with almost no major personnel turnover, it seems like no one in the entire franchise has any idea what they’re doing
It seems like the lynchpin was Yadier Molina

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

FlamingLiberal posted:

His neck tattoo is actually an ancient rune of great power

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
:siren: The Seattle Mariners are in first place! :siren:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
GOMS

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Some Numbers posted:

:siren: The Seattle Mariners are in first place! :siren:

juliooooo hit a dinger too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOQtAQGnh6s

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Nobody look now but the White Sox are currently matching the Spiders' record loss win%.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

you're probably not beating the cubs if you're giving up 2 dingers to mike tauchman.

cody... please be ok :ohdear:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
On the bright side, the White Sox didn’t get shut out for the ninth time today. On the, uhhh, other side, following a great 1 run 11K start by Erick Fedde, all three relievers gave up at least one run including blowing the save and getting walked off. A walkoff single, at least, not a crushing blast.

Guess Cody Bellinger shouldn’t have smoked so much weed for the weed holiday or whatever dumb joke people will make.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Guardians came back to win 4-1 against the Red Sox, and against the very same pitcher who crushed them last week :toot:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

rickiep00h posted:

Nobody look now but the White Sox are currently matching the Spiders' record loss win%.
If the White Sox manage to match or beat the Spiders record, the BBWAA should give Reinsdorf some kind of inverse award.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

https://twitter.com/SlangsOnSports/status/1782964551425626312

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

That's so loving endearing. GOMS.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

That Phillies game was a rough watch last night.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
DJLM made it one inning in his first rehab game before having to leave with foot discomfort

Gleyber lives to fight another few weeks :negative:

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Gavin Sheets leads the White Sox in Runs with 6.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

R.D. Mangles posted:

Kyle Hendricks is starting his roid cycle to emerge as the Cubs' most fearsome power bat.
was surprised Ben Brown still came out of the pen last night

with Cool Kyle "injured" and Steele still out i figured they'd need to save bigass Ben for the rotation.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

rickiep00h posted:

Obvious Shirts is on the case

https://twitter.com/obvious_shirts/status/1782822017546227890

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nodoze posted:

DJLM made it one inning in his first rehab game before having to leave with foot discomfort

Gleyber lives to fight another few weeks :negative:

What a TERRIBLE signing LeMehieu ended up being. Cashman is a truly terrible GM.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

bravesword posted:

Hard to really pinpoint one thing that caused all of this but yeah, they’re beyond embarrassing. Pitiful performances from the players who are supposed to be your stars, underwhelming performances from most of your young up and comers, terrible vibes from Marmol, “we know best” vibes from a front office that has made a habit of parting ways with guys who end up way better once they get out of the organization, and an owner who doesn’t want to spend (to be fair this part describes like 24 of the owners in MLB). The teams attendance has absolutely cratered, it’s shocking how empty the stadium is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

This is the worst part of the whole thing