Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Isn't he a notoriously slow starter? And he didn't get a spring training so even worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Scott Boras sucks at his job.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

mycatscrimes posted:

Sometimes I think about how the entire AL West is currently doing worse than the Detroit Tigers.

And the Royals.

The AL Central is weirdly competitive this season even though the Twins haven't really gotten it going yet. Cleveland's record is a little padded by playing Oakland 7 times already and everyone is cashing in on free wins from the White Sox.

I'm pretty sure the Royals starting rotation doesn't actually have 5 CYA candidates so I'm waiting for them to fall back to reality but it's a nice change from recent years.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Exodor posted:

And the Royals.

The AL Central is weirdly competitive this season even though the Twins haven't really gotten it going yet. Cleveland's record is a little padded by playing Oakland 7 times already and everyone is cashing in on free wins from the White Sox.

I'm pretty sure the Royals starting rotation doesn't actually have 5 CYA candidates so I'm waiting for them to fall back to reality but it's a nice change from recent years.

The combo of the White Sox cratering and everyone else suddenly doing well makes me suspect some kind of witchcraft.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
NL/AL Central is where it's at this year

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Exodor posted:

And everyone is cashing in on free wins from the White Sox.

I'm already bracing myself for the Cubs to lose twice to the Sox this year.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

zoux posted:

It'll be too late. The whole loving team has the yips, they're leading the league in hits and batting something like .090 RISP. I mean, you take out the first inning meltdown yesterday by a guy who should be starting AAA games or storming the capitol and it's close, but that's been the way of it all year. Either the other team jumps on the not-ready-for-the-bigs starter and the offense starts pressing too hard, or we get a 2 or 3 run lead only to immediately surrender it to whichever of our vaunted three-headed monster comes in. 6 blown saves, 0-6 in 1 run games. Haven't won one in extras since last season. Early last season.

the division is such poo poo that it might be enough to limp into the playoffs. but the bullpen needs to get its poo poo together and they need to start actually hitting with RISP both of which feel like will never happen at this point

7-17 yet still only 5.5 back :stonk:

e: Hunter Brown is looking like a complete bust at this point too, that's a big bummer

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

I still find it hard to believe the Astros are this bad and think they will be ok when they get their 300 injured pitchers back, but it is very nice of them rught now to give the rest of baseball an opportunity to throw them into the toilet.

The Astros, as they are demonstrating, are perfectly capable of throwing themselves into the toilet with anyone else helping.

Intruder posted:

the division is such poo poo that it might be enough to limp into the playoffs. but the bullpen needs to get its poo poo together and they need to start actually hitting with RISP both of which feel like will never happen at this point

7-17 yet still only 5.5 back :stonk:

e: Hunter Brown is looking like a complete bust at this point too, that's a big bummer

I'm still amazed that the Astros offense is so drat strong at everything that isn't scoring a run or stealing bases. We got hits for days but can't cash any of them in ever for a run.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Exodor posted:

And the Royals.

Yeah I'm not gonna argue Cleveland hasn't had an easy April up until this point (we're playing the Red Sox and Atlanta this week so one way or another the myth of whether Cleveland is padding their stats) but the Royals have definitely also had an easy time getting to bludgeon the White Sox to death. We'll see who craters when and how.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I’ve got tickets for Rays-White Sox all weekend and I’m ready to be one of ten people in the stadium.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

mycatscrimes posted:

Sometimes I think about how the entire AL West is currently doing worse than the Detroit Tigers.

First place in your division is first place in your division you will not dull our triumph :colbert:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cody, please take my rib. You need it more than me.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/670TheScore/status/1783217724589510759

Well so much for x-rays negative :negative:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I hate this

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Good news is the Cubs call uppable roster is basically "oops, all OF."

Go get em.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gently caress!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
I am melting down

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

I'm going to file this under "no bueno"

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/670TheScore/status/1783217891195625709
https://twitter.com/670TheScore/status/1783218398026924475

lol okay

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

2024 White Sox: .192/.266/.290 for .556 OPS
2019 Jon Lester: .188/.264/.292 for .556 OPS

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Steele, Seiya, and Belli all injured at the same time at the start of the year. Cool cool cool cool cool

:negative:

https://x.com/m_montemurro/status/1783225300903493647?s=46&t=lRl8HNC2dXvuRHcXaz1cXw

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The good news is the Cubs play in the NL Central. They can be a total disaster for the next 6 weeks and find themselves, like, 4.5 games behind the Brewers or Reds

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The Cubs are going to spend half of May on a Pirates/Braves/Pirates/Braves/Cardinals stretch, that'll make for some nice whiplash

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Miz Kriss posted:

Steele, Seiya, and Belli all injured at the same time at the start of the year. Cool cool cool cool cool

:negative:

https://x.com/m_montemurro/status/1783225300903493647?s=46&t=lRl8HNC2dXvuRHcXaz1cXw

Please feel better, cool cubs.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
you could make a pretty solid team out of just the IL for April so far

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

N: Gavin Williams is getting an anti-inflammatory injection and resting for 7 days after he felt the same elbow discomfort that kept him out of Spring Training: https://twitter.com/MandyBell02/status/1783215124913729856

V: We're probably not seeing Gavin until July at this rate. Bad news for the Guards.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

lol, sorry to be the one to break this bad news to you but when you say July what you mean is July 2025.

I get that TJS really really sucks to go through but come on my dude, all roads from recurring Elbow Discomfort lead to the operating table, it's just a question of when. :sigh: (e: I'm vicariously saying this to Williams, not to you)

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Apr 25, 2024

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Eric the Mauve posted:

lol, sorry to be the one to break this bad news to you but when you say July what you mean is July 2025.

I get that TJS really really sucks to go through but come on my dude, all roads from recurring Elbow Discomfort lead to the operating table, it's just a question of when. :sigh:

Really hoping it's not the case, but I wouldn't be surprised. :negative:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

elentar posted:

you could make a pretty solid team out of just the IL for April so far

The starting rotation alone would be killer.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Enjoy James Taillon looking like Kerry Wood tonight fellas

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

euphronius posted:

He looks like the real deal

Yeah, so far. It’s a long season, though, so I definitely expect some regression, but not near what he was doing last year. He looks a lot more patient at the plate.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
AJ Minter is tied for the major league lead in pitcher wins along with 3 starters and equally randomly Reed Garrett, who has picked up wins in more than half his 7 appearances.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

10 more LOB for the Astros, they can get em on they can't bring em in

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

10 more LOB for the Astros, they can get em on they can't bring em in

220 hits. 98 runs. Abreu at -1.5 WAR. 5 players total with negative WAR.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ariggethisassouttahere needs to be sent down the second a SP comes off IL

Or maybe France needs to be sent down. Or Brown. oof.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm by no means a baseball fan but if you had told me the reds were going to be four games above 500 at this point and seemingly scoring seven runs a game I'd be pretty pumped.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Reds have some fun and cool players coughcoughellydelacruzcoughcough

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Look his fun-ness is worth at least two or three players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

More Adam Dunn fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT0dWF4BTbk