Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/MiLB/status/1783326658776248557

Cubspos: this is our version of Jimmy Jackoff or Melton Mervan, we need him up yesterdat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I still don't have a ton of faith in the mid 20s AAA guy who strikes out 1/3 of the time and hits huge bombs after years of anonymity, but hell anything is better than Abreu right now

A huge solo bomb in a game where you're down by a huge margin though? Perfect Astro

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/MiLB/status/1783326658776248557

Cubspos: this is our version of Jimmy Jackoff or Melton Mervan, we need him up yesterdat

the only way it's going to happen is if you believe and post about it incessantly

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

I still don't have a ton of faith in the mid 20s AAA guy who strikes out 1/3 of the time and hits huge bombs after years of anonymity, but hell anything is better than Abreu right now

A huge solo bomb in a game where you're down by a huge margin though? Perfect Astro

Gotta have faith in something and it certainly isn't Abreu right now.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
SMOG :negative:

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

we'll be back in first tomorrow

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

The rules are well established for the outcome of games where the Mariners are above .500

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm by no means a baseball fan but if you had told me the reds were going to be four games above 500 at this point and seemingly scoring seven runs a game I'd be pretty pumped.

The Reds are going to win the division.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

the only way it's going to happen is if you believe and post about it incessantly

If you want him to mash you have to believe in yourself and in baseball and buddy that explains Mervis' slash line

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sydin posted:

I mean there is something to the idea of letting a kid go back down to the minors for a bit where he can mash and rebuild some confidence, but yeah my understanding is it's not like there's anybody banging on the door to replace Walker and the Cardinals aren't currently looking like they're in some incredible tight race, probably better to just play him every day and let him figure it out vs MLB pitching. 114 OPS+ last year for him too so it's also likely he just needs to adjust now that the book is out on him and that's not something that's gonna happen at AAA.

Dombro was on the radio recently and agreed with you about the value of AAA. He said the talent disparity is so great these days they don’t really learn anything valuable

He could have been lying who knows

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Forrest on Fire posted:

If you want him to mash you have to believe in yourself and in baseball and buddy that explains Mervis' slash line

Now sure his wOBA might be 0.00, granted. But if you dig a little deeper you find that xwOBA is .004!

So nothing is as bad as it seems.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Joe_Truck/status/1783107178716336209

Maybe just maybe there is a just god.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The best fans in baseball :getin:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

R.D. Mangles posted:

You need a pithy name for the support group, too. Loperfidudes?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

They call him....Joey Cooks

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

The devil has come to collect.

I guess we know why they're asking for money for a new ballpark.
Can't win games? Attendance is slacking? Buy a new stadium.... that's for suckers. Get the taxpayers to build you one!

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Is that the game they lost 14-1 or whatever? They suck and attendance is down but it's not like the Coliseum normally

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Mike_V posted:

Is that the game they lost 14-1 or whatever? They suck and attendance is down but it's not like the Coliseum normally

Yeah, he says in the replies that it's the 7th inning of the 14-1 game, so they'd already been out of it for at least two innings. Honestly April games are such a crapshoot for all teams attendance-wise, it's hard to take anything from this, especially since the DBacks aren't a team that draws bodies. If the games still look like this once school is out then there's an actual problem.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
also I regret to inform the Merverts that he does not have it at all.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
why must you spread such pernicious lies?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Poque posted:

Temecula is too good for you buddy

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Someone found their copy of a 2002 Mariners giveaway comic book from McDonalds. There's some great panels and I think it explains their 2001 postseason failure.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

The White Sox are back on record breaking pace. I really really want that to still be true come June when they visit Seattle. :getin:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Michael Baumann reveal yourself!

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/walker-to-memphis-do-i-really-feel-the-way-i-feel/

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Cardinals attendance woes are pretty obviously due to the Department of Justice's tireless efforts.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Baumann was a goon tbh

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Poque posted:

Yes he does, he just needs to focus all of his merving on freeing his mind and just being in the moment.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/astro_numbers/status/1783519869834555838

Honestly, it saves me a lot of time when the game is over by the end of the first.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Mustached Demon posted:

Yes he does, he just needs to focus all of his merving on freeing his mind and just being in the moment.

Maybe Belli could help him out there

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Mustached Demon posted:

new walk up song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGGVy4RkUs0

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Poque posted:

Is .000/.000/.000 bad?

Michael Busch is the true Mervis.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

more falafel please posted:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Baumann was a goon tbh
he’s got the heart of a poster though, I don’t think he could lurk here undetected, the man would just have to post

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Always funny when a baseball writer reveals that they've been lurking here and I know that a serious baseball person has been exposed to my extremely dumb posts about the cubs.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Is .000/.000/.000 bad?

Michael Busch is the true Mervis.

Where all my Busch wackers at?!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

lol yeah you cannot type the phrase "suffered a tragic smiting by the BABIP gods" and not expect to be outed as a goon, reveal yourself coward.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Always funny when a baseball writer reveals that they've been lurking here and I know that a serious baseball person has been exposed to my extremely dumb on-point posts about the cubs.

ftfy

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Mustached Demon posted:

Where all my Busch wackers at?!

I, for one, am heading for the mountains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZTRzVMT6QQ

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/matthewkawahara/status/1783543455953658320

Kind of sucks that Urquidy can't make one of these starts.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

that's weird because the official attendance for Tuesday was 32k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

AndrewP posted:

that's weird because the official attendance for Tuesday was 32k

Official attendance is tickets sold which includes people who don't go to games but also is at the start of the game and not the 8th inning (or w/e) of a 14-1 game